$1911

was donated
Generator 3 BETA is up! by Stefan (moderator) 13 years ago

https://www.friendship-bracelets.net/g3/generator.swf

If you cannot see the generator after clicking the link, please make sure you downloaded Flash player for your browser.

What do you think? Give me some hints on what you want.

Current to do list:
- Save button
- Load button
- Warning about non-repeating pattern
- Draw a full pattern at top, not just 1 cycle
- The pattern at top is missing the outer triangle-like knots
- Change color should take max 2 clicks
- Alpha pattern mode

RE: Generator 3 BETA is up! by craftaddict 13 years ago

I like the "drop down" color thing rather than having to click through the whole line of colors. I kind of miss the changing forward/backward knots with a left click and fb/bf knots with a right click. Now you have to go through all the knots. It's nice and big and easy to see the knots. Does it have a max number of strings/rows? That would be nice to know. It's looking great, Stefan! thanks.

RE: Generator 3 BETA is up! by superc 13 years ago

two things: 1: can you make a larger area for you to see your pattern? 2: can the knots stay the same size if you want to generate larger patterns? otherwise it very good. thanks Stefan!

RE: Generator 3 BETA is up! by Joy 13 years ago

koool!

RE: Generator 3 BETA is up! by ViscumAlbum 13 years ago

all my thoughts was posted earlier by craftaddict and superc =)

left click - bk, fk; right - bfk, fbk - would be much more ñonveniently.

if pattern is big - we just can't see the knots

- The pattern at top is missing the outer triangle-like knots - it is not the problem. cuz when u tie, u can't see them at bracelet

RE: Generator 3 BETA is up! by Foz 13 years ago

OMG I'm going to go NUTS with this! looks great to me, and so much quicker and easier than the other generator :-) stefan rules! yay!

RE: Generator 3 BETA is up! by Frosty 13 years ago

Looks really great. Love the colour change. One thing I've always wanted is to be able to delete any row or string, e.g click on the string or row and click delete. Not sure whether it can be done.

don't forget the row numbers.

RE: Generator 3 BETA is up! by suzwe 13 years ago

- choosing a colour should make the colour changer vanish (so you don't have to click at the red X).
- the red dots to create/delete strings/rows should have a +/- on them. that makes the function clear. i first wondered how to do it... :)

after all: great work! fun to use! and it looks really good.

RE: Generator 3 BETA is up! by suzwe 13 years ago

@Frosty: deleting any string will not be possible i suppose...

but i often wished to be able to delete the first string at the left... but that would mean you have to switch the first row to the end, otherwise there will be no knot on the first new left string.

another idea: would it be possible to make the colours of the published patterns customizable for every user (not for saving - the original shall not be changed)? so they can try new colour combinations before starting. perhaps the generator could give them a .jpg and they can download it? this would be very cool! :D

RE: Generator 3 BETA is up! by Frosty 13 years ago

"another idea: would it be possible to make the colours of the published patterns customizable for every user (not for saving - the original shall not be changed)? so they can try new colour combinations before starting. perhaps the generator could give them a .jpg and they can download it? this would be very cool! :D "

suzwe, that is a great idea. You have no idea how many bracelets I've messed up cause I chose the wrong colours.

Advertisement

You must login to reply to this thread!