$1911

was donated
RE: Generator 3 BETA is up! by craftaddict 13 years ago

I just made a pattern with Generator 3. I think it may be a little long, but I'm not sure since it doesn't have row numbers. I clicked on save and it asked if I was sure I wanted to save. Where does it save it to? Is that like putting it in the patterns to be published? I really like the zoom and panning feature!

RE: Generator 3 BETA is up! by Stefan (moderator) 13 years ago

Did it say "Pattern saved"? Because if it didn't say that after you pressed yes, then you have to redo the save... Sorry about that, the buttons are very buggy.

RE: Generator 3 BETA is up! by suzwe 13 years ago

i discovered that the buttons only work if your mouse looks like the mouse (arrow-like), not like the one that shows up if you for example write a text. the arrow shows at the left half of the buttons and in a small area of the right side...

btw, the new buttons work very well on mac! thank you for that!
for all mac users: pageup=fn+arrow up, pagedown=fn+arrow down

I did try to save twice, but it didn't ever say "pattern saved" but I do think my pattern was too long.

@suzwe: Thanks for that, I'll look closer into it. It sees like text needs to be treated in a special way to make things work in Flash. And also thanks for informing me about the "fn" buttons. Maybe you could test some more things for me in the furure? I don't have access to any Mac :(

@craftaddict: Click the buttons, but don't click the text on the buttons. It's a bug. The red buttons on the left works though. What error message do you get? Do you get stuck at "saving pattern..."?

I've made some improvements now, so it should be possible to use it embedded on the site. Try:
https://www.friendship-bracelets.net/generator3beta.php

Does this embedded version work? Can you save patterns in it? Or do you get stuck at "Saving pattern..."?

Stefan

I clicked on the new link (embedded) and made a pattern. I clicked on save and "Yes" (took several clicks) and then it sat on "Saving Pattern" for 10 minutes. I guess I'll see if it finally goes through, but it isn't now! (I never got to the "Saving Pattern" before it was embedded)

@craftaddict: Okay, I found the problem, I think... Try it again now. It should not get stuck at "Saving pattern...".

Oh wait, it's not working. I tried it on my girlfriends' computer. Back to the lab again yo.

Now it should work.

Yay! It worked! And it shows up in my pending patterns! Thanks for all your hard work, Stefan!!

Advertisement

You must login to reply to this thread!