$1911

was donated
RE: Generator 3 BETA is up! by Stefan (moderator) 13 years ago

@Joy: Sort of. The fill in Paint effects all neighboring pixels withing an area in the same color. The fill I am talking about affects all things in one color without having to be neighboring. In this way, you can make a blue/white pattern red/white with just 2 clicks.

OK, I just uploaded a new version of the new generator. Check it out:
https://www.friendship-bracelets.net/g3/generator.swf?id=1057

You should see the penguin pattern loaded when you open the generator via the link above. If not, please report.

Fixes:
Button symbols
Colorpicker updated
Load a pattern by using the flashvar "id"

RE: Generator 3 BETA is up! by superc 13 years ago

Much better. Thanks a LOT Stefan!

No problem! There are many things left to do though.

- Save patterns
- Warning messages (non-repeating pattern, unable to load pattern etc)
- Draw a full pattern at top, not just 1 cycle
- The pattern at top is missing the outer triangle-like knots
- Alpha pattern mode
- Alphabet font mode
- Max number of rows/strings
- Faster way of choosing knot type?
- Zoom / Pan ?
- Row numbers
- "Static Mode" for previewing different colors in an existing pattern
- "Edit Mode" to edit an existing pattern
- "Fill" all strings in the same color with another color

RE: Generator 3 BETA is up! by craftaddict 13 years ago

@Stefan, I just was "playing" with Generator 3 and when I was using black, the arrows don't show up!

RE: Generator 3 BETA is up! by suzwe 13 years ago

i found a couple some little things that could be better... ;-)
here are my notes:

1. as craftaddict said, the arrows on black background should have another colour.

2. if you zoom in, you cannot scroll, you have to zoom out and zoom in at another place. this can be annoying with big patterns.
edit: i just found you can slide it by drag and drop. that will do but one has to know it :-)

3. the +/- buttons should not be at the top of the overview but at the top of the knots (pattern) because the right + makes a new string. at this position, you think it would add rows... i hope you understand me :)

4. the new colour picker is wonderful! thank you for that.

5. as right clicking is not an option to change to R/r knots, left clicking will be the fastest. i think a drop down menu would be very slow and annoying.

6. (just a little design thing...) the outlines could be thinner (in the overview and the pattern). this would give more attention to the look of the pattern/ the knots. it would be easier to conceive (is that the right word?) everything with one look.

stefan, you do a great work! it is fun to see the generator getting better and better! thank you!

edit:

sorry for my meesing up in the text above... ;)

i just saw that the black knots (and every others too) get brighter by hovering the mouse. this is great and fixes the issue. good job!

i should go to bed, it's not getting better... ;D

No problem, suzwe! I will consider your great ideas for the next update.

I've just updated the generator again! I added panning and zooming + updated the colorpicker a bit (now it closes when the mouse leaves it).

Press + and - on the keyboard to zoom in and out, and use the arrow buttons (up, down, left, right) for panning.

Here is the link again: https://www.friendship-bracelets.net/g3/generator.swf?id=1057

RE: Generator 3 BETA is up! by Frosty 13 years ago

the zoom in and out and panning are fantastic. I'll have to get used to not using the right click.

Advertisement

You must login to reply to this thread!