$1911

was donated
RE: Generator 3 BETA is up! by AnJaGa 13 years ago

YEA THAT'S MY PRBLEM AS WELL fROSTY :) BUT IT'S NICE I LIKE IT,

RE: Generator 3 BETA is up! by suzwe 13 years ago

hi, i just had another idea. what about making an "1212"-button? clicking on it should make every knot a FB-knot. so you can invent 1212 patterns very fast by just clicking once at every knot you want to have an other colour.
i personally myself don't like 1212 patterns but this would make it easier for those who invent them :)

another thing i found:
in the past version the actual string got the colour of the picker colour above which my mouse just hovered (anyone understand me?), so you could instantly see how the colour fits your bracelet. this was great but it has gone in this version... could you bring it back? i loved it! :D

pressing + and - didn't work for me, using the arrows is fine. (mac os 10.6, safari browser)

RE: Generator 3 BETA is up! by Stefan (moderator) 13 years ago

@Frosty: I guess we all have to get used to that.. :)

@Ania: Thanks!

@suzwe: You got really great ideas! 1212 generator would be awesome.
I didn't expect this generator to work immediately on all platforms, I guess the key codes are a bit different on Mac. I'll try to get why this happens, or simply make a drag and drop pan. All computers have got a mouse, right? :)
The hover preview could be reimplemented if you liked it.

Right now I'm going to work on the saving functionality! I guess you all want to upload your cool designs.

RE: Generator 3 BETA is up! by Lovemenot 13 years ago

Everything looks great so far Stefan! I can't wait til we can save patterns on this!

Just an idea.. Say you have a very long pattern. Most of the time when you are working on it, you are working on the last row or two. Now you've decided you want to change the colors. How about, instead of having to pan all the way back to the top, you add the little red dots to the end of the strings as well so we can change the colors there too?

By the way, put my vote in for the hover preview!! That would make things so much easier when deciding if a color is right for our patterns!

@Lovemenot: Great idea! I recall I had those buttons at bottom before, but removed them since the color picker dropdown went out of the screen :/ Gotta fix that first, should be simple. Ok, color preview coming up :)

In my last message I forgot to say that space bar should restore the zoom and pan. Now you know :)

Stefan

RE: Generator 3 BETA is up! by craftaddict 13 years ago

I think the 1212 option would be GREAT! I seem to be making a lot of those recently and having to click through all the options of knots is a little tiring on my finger :) I was going to check out the + - thing, but I'm at my parents' house and they must not have the right program! I'll do that this evening when I'm home. Looking good Stefan!

RE: Generator 3 BETA is up! by fbcreater156 13 years ago

this is great!! its lame how im a little bit stupid to make a patter,

It takes time and a lot of patience to make a pattern. Most of the time when I go to the generator, I leave with out any new patterns.

OK, next update is here!

This time, you HAVE TO open the generator via this URL:
https://www.friendship-bracelets.net/g3.php

If you don't open it via the link, some things doesn't work.

You should be able to save patterns via the new Generator now by clicking the save symbol to the left (the buttons are a bit buggy, may need to click them twice). Press YES and hopefully the pattern is saved on the site.

Another change: The + and - buttons has been removed and instead PAGEUP and PAGEDOWN buttons are used for zooming. Is that better, Mac users?

The saving is a bit limited also. You can only save repeating patterns (top color order = bottom color order). And the dimensions are limited to 64 strings and 80 rows. I might loosen some things up when I see that this works.

Please tell me how the pattern saving turns out for you.

By the way, if anyone knows how to embed Flash applications for external file access, please tell me! I tried everything!

Stefan

Advertisement

You must login to reply to this thread!