$1911

was donated
RE: The Anger/Annoyance Thread by gracebri 12 years ago

When is the next swap?

RE: The Anger/Annoyance Thread by Acid 12 years ago

I'm not 100% yet I believe someone is planning a swap either before or after Christmas but I'm not 100% sure.

Oh sweet! I may participate, but I'm not sure

RE: The Anger/Annoyance Thread by Plastic_Toast 12 years ago

I do know that only Mods can host swaps...

RE: The Anger/Annoyance Thread by Sneasel 12 years ago

If you guys are doing a christmas swap, please post soon :P Im slow at making bracelets, but i want to participate. Not being able to do many bracelets is why I didnt participate last time

RE: The Anger/Annoyance Thread by usr40717 12 years ago

I like the fact that only mods can host swaps. If just anybody could host them, they would happen all the time and wouldn't be as special. And, not everybody is honest. Eventually an untruthful host would be receiving lots of bracelets and keeping them for themselves.

I agree with that, svnnhnklz, and if you REALLY want to be able to host a swap, then try your best to be on the cite alot, and maybe a mod will ask you to be a mod, or ask them if they think your worthy of being a mod.

RE: The Anger/Annoyance Thread by Same_chan 11 years ago

Holy crap, a well-articulated thought. It must be an atheist! It's nice to meet you, Sneasel.

RE: The Anger/Annoyance Thread by rojocharmander 11 years ago

Sneasel if you are an atheist there is no shame in admitting it, I'll be the first to say I am...but on a different side of the same coin I use to be a devout Christian too. I cannot say that religious people haven't done SOME GOOD, yet if you stop and look at what the catholic church has done for instance, moving around boy molesting priest and telling people in Africa not to use condoms when it could potentially save their lives from STD's. You begin to question what kind of good they're really doing.

As much good as religion has done...it's unfortunately done a lot of harm too; like the Crusades, the 30 years war, and 9/11 just for a start, there is no harm in admitting that religion isn't always filled with GOOD people and often times it's filled with bad people with power, which makes it even worse.

Not saying that there aren't bad atheists out there, but for the most part, it's not anyone with any significant power. Atheists haven't attempted to stifle anyones free speech, they haven't bombed abortion clinics, in fact Atheists are out spoken simply because the religious people in power get away with far too much in mostly American society.

Simply put I might even be removed from this site all together because I am an atheist. Yet I hold no ill will to anyone who is religious; So long as they hold no ill will towards me. I'm a nice person and I don't believe that someone's religious beliefs makes them who they are. I think it's nice that we're all different, so long as they don't attempt to throw their religion at me and force it down my throat. If they talk to me about it, and are open minded and allow me to talk too then we can have a very intellectual and stimulating conversation about our differing views.

I think that's a wonderful thing, no need to get hostile when someone challenges your world view about something. It's easy to be angry but I think it takes a special person to simply accept that there is bad and good in all. Religion doesn't make us good or bad, being an atheist doesn't make us good or bad...what makes us good or bad is ourselves and the morals we hold and how we empathize with the people around us. That's what denotes our overall character, and to me that makes more sense than living up to superficial labels.

RE: The Anger/Annoyance Thread by Foz 11 years ago

@rojocharmander you do realise this thread is a year old, right? :-P

Advertisement

You must login to reply to this thread!