$1936

was donated
RE: The Anger/Annoyance Thread by Kaisui_Izumi 13 years ago

*currently searching for that damn notification button*

RE: The Anger/Annoyance Thread by Killshotz 13 years ago

@Kaisui_Izumi Go to your profile and it will bee there towards the top, under the seach bar.

Thank you =)

uhhhh, I can't find it

RE: The Anger/Annoyance Thread by Carrie 13 years ago

If you're talking about something to stop notifications, I don't think it exists.

RE: The Anger/Annoyance Thread by kelseykaboomx3 13 years ago

So, I wanted to come here and complain about bracelet-related annoyances. Twenty eight pages later, you guys have been through passive aggressive comments, prima donnas, generational debates, and religious battles. Now I just feel silly bringing anything up! But I will anyway, so excuse my off-topicness...

What bugs me: When I'm working on a bracelet in school and someone asks HOW DO YOU DO THAT. While I'm flattered by their amazement, I don't know how to answer that question when it's asked by someone who's never tied before. My default response is "A lot of free time!" Rather than "Er, well I tie a row of forward knots, then alternate with a row of back knots and uh, substitute the letter colors with a forward knot..." and get blank stares!

Also, even though this was posted WAY back, I must say I'm guilty of posting a picture with my face in it :x I thought it was appropriate for the bracelet though! https://www.friendship-bracelets.net/gallery.php?id=13262

I'm also guilty of posting pictures of a couple of half-finished projects.... and THAT, I have no excuse for! Sorry guys :) Also, sorry for butting in and being OT. Also, sorry for apologizing so damn much... oh boy...

RE: The Anger/Annoyance Thread by twilight_Moon 13 years ago

@ kelseykaboomx3: I hear you on (the mainly random) people asking you how you do a bracelet. It's really annoying but I just reply with this, "Easily." and just leave it at that. Needless to say it stops the conversation most times and if they asked "No like how are you doing it," I tell them to look it up because I'm not a How To Book. =) I'm not too nice when I'm doing something crafty and takes up my concentration. =)

RE: The Anger/Annoyance Thread by Foz 13 years ago

I love that pic with the moustache bracelet! there are several great pictures where there's other stuff than just the bracelet shown, and no one's complaining about those! it just annoys me when the person in the background is in focus and the bracelet is all blurry. also, why put your fingers in the pic when your nails are all ratty and chewed off? blurgh :-( as for the "how do you do that" question, I hear you. I knew someone aeons ago who'd ask that all the time, but I think she stopped listening after I said, "basically, what you do is..."

RE: The Anger/Annoyance Thread by Sareana 13 years ago

I got a big kick out of the mustache bracelet too. was quite comical. and no topic is off topic if its a annoyance :P. For the "How do you do that" give them this web site, if they are truly interested they will come here and learn!

RE: The Anger/Annoyance Thread by Foz 13 years ago

I totally agree with you on that! send them here and see how interested they really are ;-) I'm almost certain that those here who knot with a passion, and have done so for years, had no one teach them, but learned from a book ;-)

Advertisement

You must login to reply to this thread!