$1936

was donated
RE: The Anger/Annoyance Thread by Sareana 13 years ago

I applaud both kitkat and twilight_moon Kitkat for standing up for what she believes in and Twilight for being brave enough to be true to herself!

RE: The Anger/Annoyance Thread by twilight_Moon 13 years ago

Thank you so much for the support. There never seems to be enough truly positive (especial from family for some of us) support for us who just want to live our lives without being judged on what we believe but on who we become as a person. Thank you again. =)
<3 Twilight_Moon. <3

RE: The Anger/Annoyance Thread by Sneasel 13 years ago

I agree. I can't wait to get away from my family. they are some of the most oppressive and closed-minded people I've ever met. And being an Atheist bisexual democrat, needless to say, I'm the most hated person in my family ^^

Ironically, one of my dad's favorite songs is Nickelbacks 'Let Me Be Myself', and yet he constantly punishes me for 'being myself" lolol

RE: The Anger/Annoyance Thread by twilight_Moon 13 years ago

I know what you mean. I was taught i had no choice in almost anything while my husband was free to do whatever he wanted whenever he wanted and when I start to have a brake down and open up he continuously say to me, "You HAD a choice," like I had known that back then when i was in school. I mean its really sad since my brothers when they reached the age I was forced to have a job weren't forced to get jobs like I was and were allowed to do what they want as long as they didn't get in trouble and if I did anything wrong I would be punished because I am the eldest child and supposedly not allowed to do any wrong to be an example for my younger brothers who have both turned out to be sexist little twats and spoild little brats while I've turned out to be a well rounded person and don't think that everything should be handed to me. -.- It's just so unfair in families. They always have their favorites and it's ususally the ones that follow what the parents say and never go against them...

RE: The Anger/Annoyance Thread by Sneasel 13 years ago

Even if I was forced (which I really wasn't) I'm proud to have a job. In fact, my boyfriend doesn't have one and I do :P
but it's refreshing not to hear "Well, who PAID for it?" from my parents all the time, because the answer would be "Me" ;P

RE: The Anger/Annoyance Thread by Gibson_Girls 13 years ago

in one of my previous posts i said " if they are killing people obviously they're not christians" i realize that i was judging people and i know that i shouldn't and i apologize.

Hawkeye, don't you think as a catholic they have a right to do that? were you not warned beforehand that religion would be taught?

RE: The Anger/Annoyance Thread by Gibson_Girls 13 years ago

i meant to say catholic SCHOOL.

RE: The Anger/Annoyance Thread by Scout 13 years ago

This is going back a ways, but when I get 40 notifications, I kind of express what sticks in my mind >.< I think that religion, all religion and the texts will always be able to be interpretted in a way that's not necessarily correct by whatever standards or opinions. I think the main problem with religion is that the texts are all from years ago. The stories they hold are based on standards from back then. And that's exactly what they are. Stories. I'm not saying that there is no form of higher being, it's just that the texts are stories about a person and how they were contacted by the higher being (this is subjective to what you're talking about, but that's mostly what it is). What I find interesting is that we call the ancient Greek religion Mythology and state that it's not true when there are the other religions, as well, and not many people are saying that they're completely untrue or anything. Thoughts thoughts thoughts....:3 Sorry.

RE: The Anger/Annoyance Thread by foshisle 13 years ago

@scout exactly!!! ppl r hypocrtical like that (o,o)

RE: The Anger/Annoyance Thread by usr11868 13 years ago

One thing I cannot stand is a notification. 60 people comment on a thread! I would rather have one notification letting me know people have commented instead of 60 separate ones!

Advertisement

You must login to reply to this thread!