$1911

was donated
RE: Generator 3 BETA is up! by Frosty 13 years ago

OK, I've just made a pattern and here are my findings:

1. I found the clicking to change the knot very frustrating. Is it possible to have a mouse over button that brings up a pop up of the knots that we could click on? (or something similar)

2. The pattern picture was too small for me to tell if and where the mistakes were in the pattern. I had to copy the picture and then enlarge it in word to see it.

3. I had trouble saving as it took me some time to work out where to click the yes button to get it to work. I was just about to give up. (I know you know this already.)

4. After the pattern has been saved there's a typo. It says "after the Moderators has" which should be "after the Moderators have"

5. When changing the string colours the pop up kept disappearing before I had a chance to click the colour I wanted. Also, is it possible to have the colour chart a little bigger?

However, even with these things it is still much easier to use than the other versions. Thanks for all your hard work Stefan. Looking forward to being able to use the finished product.

RE: Generator 3 BETA is up! by craftaddict 13 years ago

@Frosty, I had the color chart "disappear" on my, too, but it was because the mouse left it's boundaries, otherwise you had to click on a color to make it go away.

As for the picture being too small, did you try the page up/page down enlargement feature? I found it to be very helpful in seeing the knots and it was much easier/nicer than the + / - feature in Gen 2.

I actually found myself trying to use only left clicks to change knots today when I was using Gen 2! So I think it will take getting used to, but we'll get so it feels "normal"

RE: Generator 3 BETA is up! by Frosty 13 years ago

Yes I did use the pg up and dn. It's not the actual pattern making area that is too small but the picture of the pattern as you're making it. This doesn't change in size with pg up and dn.

I know it was when the mouse left the colour changing area, but it was very hard to keep it over this area as I was using the bottom left hand colour.

An yes, I did keep doing the right click but am getting used to it.

RE: Generator 3 BETA is up! by Lovemenot 13 years ago

I agree about the color change box needing to be a bit bigger. I got quite angry having to click that red dot several times cause my mouse left the screen. I also constantly kept clicking the wrong colors. I would love to see that be larger. I agree with Frosty again about the small pattern overall preview thing. It wasn't noticable enough when looking for mess up. I think it should be larger as well.

I agree that the color chart is kind of small. It's hard to tell the differences in some of the colors on it. The pattern sample isn't overly large, but I guess I just used the knots to see if it was right. And I love that you can make that really big!

RE: Generator 3 BETA is up! by Joy 13 years ago

is there a new link with all the new changes

I think the latest link Stefan gave is on Page 5 of the comments.

RE: Generator 3 BETA is up! by Joy 13 years ago

k thx

Advertisement

You must login to reply to this thread!