$1911

was donated
RE: Organizing thread? by MammaB 12 years ago

I use an organizing bin and take cardboard in just the right thickness to fit in the bobbin winder then I wind string onto the cardboard. It hold much more and if you use a hole punch for the hole in the bobbin winder it works great. I bring it with me almost everywhere so I can show people what colors I have to work with.

RE: Organizing thread? by murchik 12 years ago

How do you bolt your pattern while working? I use jeans pants leg that i've cut last summer))it's convenient)) try it!

RE: Organizing thread? by LittleWolf 12 years ago

I am so getting one of these cases as soon as I get home!

RE: Organizing thread? by bracelet_baker 12 years ago

Well, I started cutting out things out of cardboard so I am more organized but my green string has a big ugly knot In the middle so that is holding me back.

RE: Organizing thread? by juliagould 12 years ago

I bought a great case (it's DMC) in Michaels for around $4, and it came with 50 plastic bobbins! It took ages but I finally got all my string winded around all of them, and got it organized by color.. I'm so glad I did it, it's worth it! Now I can just look and see what colors I need to use or what color to buy next.

RE: Organizing thread? by SleepyKitty 12 years ago

Joann's had a really nice bobbin case when I was in there a few days ago. I've stored my bobbins in the clear plastic cases for years now, but I don't really like the hinges on the cheaper ones. The new one I got is clear purple, (bonus because it is my fave color) and has a really nice hinge that won't snap with a ton of use. I am moving all of my DMC thread into that one, and my cheaper threads into my old bobbin boxes, since I don't use them as much. I can't bear to throw them away, as they are still good to use.

RE: Organizing thread? by mrsfatcakes 11 years ago

I wrap it up on folded paper, put it in a bag, and put it in my clip board ( it is one of those where it opens) It works pretty well for traveling. I just grab my clipboard and go.

RE: Organizing thread? by sydstein 8 years ago

where do you find the color number

RE: Organizing thread? by Sammoning (moderator) 8 years ago

@sydstein
The color number is usually on the label of the floss skein you buy.
Brands like DMC also often have color charts you can find them on their website or maybe you can ask for one in the store where you buy it.

Advertisement

You must login to reply to this thread!