$1911

was donated
RE: Organizing thread? by jamiethegymnast 12 years ago

Woah! That is like, my dream :D

RE: Organizing thread? by Foz 12 years ago

that's just super neat, almost Carrie-esque ;-) I've got all my floss in four big boxes, and I don't even want to contemplate how long it would take to wind all of it onto those little plastic thingies. I wouldn't want to go to so much trouble since I often use up entire skeins of colour for one bracelet :-P

RE: Organizing thread? by ISolemnlySwear 12 years ago

I would have to agree, this is rather amazing. But I would never have the patience to wind all my floss onto the bobbins especially when I always end up with some random pieces too long to add onto the end of a bracelet and far too short to make another one. But wow this truly is spectacular.

RE: Organizing thread? by ElleMay 12 years ago

I just drooped all over my phone. o_O that is beautiful. But Im with Foz, i use almost an entire skein of floss for one bracelet as well, so there is no point in doing this for me. Actually my way, i know when its time to get more, because my skein has dwindled down. As for this little scraps not long enough, i always try to find some use for them because I hate waste.
Beautiful organized case though! I wish i had that much of a color variety. My collection is still growing. Very slowly though because I keep using it. :)

RE: Organizing thread? by ElleMay 12 years ago

Hahaha. Drooled * my phone autocorrected me. Lol

RE: Organizing thread? by Carrie 12 years ago

I thought I posted on this thread, but I guess not!

This is one of my four main dmc boxes. They have the amount of thread on the top of each bobbin, and the color number on the bottom. I also have: one case of un-bobbined scrap thread sorted by how long the string is; one case of unnumbered thread; one box linen, anchor, and variegated floss; one bag of unsorted DMC, one bag of unsorted anchor, and another bag of unsorted variegated floss. Vacation starts at 4 today, hope I can sort lots of it :D

RE: Organizing thread? by Foz 12 years ago

you posted pictures of this crazy neat thread sortiment of yours on a different thread a while back, and I was so impressed I saved them all! but as much as I admire such order, it just isn't one of my strong suits :-P

RE: Organizing thread? by bracelet_baker 12 years ago

wow i could never have my string so neat!

RE: Organizing thread? by ashitx 12 years ago

wow. and i thought i had a lot of colors, but carrie.... just wow. (:

i usually dont finish up a skein in a bracelet, so the whole bobbin-winding thing works well. especially in alpha patterns for the background color, because instead of tying up the string and then having to struggle with it later i can just use the bobbin.

RE: Organizing thread? by jamiethegymnast 12 years ago

ashtix, where do you get your thread? You have an amazing colour variety!

Advertisement

You must login to reply to this thread!