$1911

was donated
RE: Organizing thread? by Gracie04 12 years ago

Clumper thumper

RE: Organizing thread? by mzryluvzcmpny 12 years ago

for those that are afraid of the time it would take to wind the thread around bobbins. DMC sells a winder . I've kept a case for years with a very small amount of thread ...I'm starting to get more into making bracelets because of my daughter and her friends...and now that I'm buying 8-10 skeins at a time I'm thinking about investing...cause it's just getting ridiculous. I know Micheal's sells them..or just look online for DMC bobbin winder. I've been hand writing the numbers on plastic bobbins...but they also sell a sticker set of all the numbers. It's all pretty cheap too. :)

RE: Organizing thread? by Gracie04 12 years ago

I looked up the bobbin winder on google shop and it was like $1 but the shipping cost so much more... :( ill go to michaels sometime soon...

RE: Organizing thread? by bracelet_baker 12 years ago

what are bobbins? i have heard that some people use them but i have no idea what they are.

RE: Organizing thread? by GennaLea1985 12 years ago

@bracelet_baker, bobbins are the little cards (they can be cardboard or plastic) that yo wind your string onto. There is an example in the pictures on the first page of this discussion. :)

RE: Organizing thread? by tekgeek 12 years ago

its a device to wrap your string around like a spindle
http://www.amazon.com/Dmc-Plastic-Floss-Bobbins-28-Pkg/dp/B000Y3IYKQ/ref=sr_1_19?s=arts-crafts&ie=UTF8&qid=1313097066&sr=1-19

RE: Organizing thread? by bracelet_baker 12 years ago

ooh. now i can organize my thread in a way better way.

RE: Organizing thread? by CeeCee13 12 years ago

At Michaels, they sell the plastic bobbins for $1.99 for 28 bobbins.

RE: Organizing thread? by Carrie 12 years ago

I also got some at Hobby Lobby for $1 for 25.

RE: Organizing thread? by jamiethegymnast 12 years ago

I just got the winder at Michael's and it works great! :)

Advertisement

You must login to reply to this thread!