$1911

was donated
RE: Organizing thread? by Carrie 12 years ago

If you wrap them neatly enough, you should be able to fit 8 bobbins in a section, and about 18 in the large section.

RE: Organizing thread? by Gracie04 12 years ago

I just organized all my thread... it was sooooo hard

RE: Organizing thread? by ElleMay 12 years ago

Yes the pink thing is The winder. And it wraps neater than by hand at least for me. I'll post a photo of my newly organized box later once I've taken some photos

RE: Organizing thread? by hpgames 12 years ago

i have two methods for organisation with string
1) cardboard
2)I take wood and put nails onto it,then tie one end of the string to one peg,and wrap it around both pegs(if that makes sense)

This is my thread now that its all organized! I really am glad I broke down and got these. I had no idea I had this much thread!

My mom found this bag of thread at the thrift store. Its mostly dmc and so I now have even more!

So, luckly for me I managed to find a box in my room at her house. It already has some bobbins and thread, but now I can but all that new thread she gave me in it!

This is what she gave me last time.

I think I have enough thread now don't you?

RE: Organizing thread? by Charmed_1 12 years ago

yes, I think you do. LOL...I need to invest in more of those organize boxes. I have too, maybe three, full of course but there in my storage container and I'm not sure I want to rumage around unless is cooler out...metal storage unit gets massive hot inside....*sigh*
All my skeins are in a blue fold down fabric box thingee..lol..and full, so that a loooooot of winding to to, and I have one of those winder tools too..

yes, I must resist ALL urges to go pick up more string!!! I have projects that need doing! :P :)
Oh, that makes me think of my new travel tote!

It has cross stitch stuff in it now. Once that is finished, it will house my bracelets I am making, and all supplies needed with them.
Right now you can see my winder and glue, they will stay in there along with my scissors, you never know when you might need them.
The little compartments are perfect for those unfinished bracelets, unless they are wide, then they can go in the large compartment.
Hopefully this will be a good alternative to loose bracelets in my purse, I really like the idea of a small box to keep me organized on the go.

an idea foryour storage building Charmed1: open the dors and let the air circulate for an hour or so. or just run in and get what you need and get out quick! :)

RE: Organizing thread? by Charmed_1 12 years ago

we have 2 whirly birds up there, and a vent that put on it, so venting really isn't an issue, but a very good thought anyways....metal, hot sun(85-100 degrees)= very bad to go in..lol...

yeah, i have a metal building too, i know how u feel. mine is for furniture mostly though

Advertisement

You must login to reply to this thread!