$1911

was donated
RE: Alpha gen 2, want to test? by Carrie 13 years ago

I laughed so loud when I saw how many patterns he/she posted. Holy crap!

RE: Alpha gen 2, want to test? by Lovemenot 13 years ago

Yea.. Dont really understand it myself. They have never uploaded any pictures... Or participated in any other part of the site as far as I know. Just seems like he/she only comes here to use the generator. Lol...

RE: Alpha gen 2, want to test? by craftaddict 13 years ago

I know, it's like they were trying to win some un-known contest to have the most patterns generated because A LOT of them just looked like chaos!

RE: Alpha gen 2, want to test? by Sareana 13 years ago

oh my, they did generate a lot didn't they, and it looks like about half of it was done learning how the generator works. they do have some nice patterns in the newest section though.

RE: Alpha gen 2, want to test? by Cay 13 years ago

I agree with most of the above. Selecting colors is hard if you don't know the codes. I knew only a few off the top of my head because I worked with them before. Selecting one by one wouldn't be so bad if it were easier to select the color. Also when you put in too many columns it moves to a slide bar and if it is at all possible it would be great if it could work like the normal pattern one where it zooms out a little but it's not that big of a problem at all. Though if you could display the number of rows and columns that'd be great I found myself checking the number 4 times to be sure.
I like being able to click though. When we used to have to type everything in with dashes and such it could get confusing and mistakes were easy. This, just like the normal pattern generator is such a step up. (*shiver* Normal pattern generator flashback. RrRRRrrrDDDddd.)
Anyway, love it overall. Can give you a nice view of the pattern without having to save during each change. Gives people the liberty to create online rather then first on paper. This is a amazing I have to say.

RE: Alpha gen 2, want to test? by Stefan (moderator) 13 years ago

Gribaude... Yes, he/she made me implement the constraint on repeating patterns for Generator 3. So many random patterns!

The limit on # patterns per day is set to 10. There wasn't any limit before this Alpha Generator.

--- Things to do ---
Color palette
Auto-complete HEX-codes with a '#' if there is none
Line draw / Freedraw / Pixel draw mode buttons
Keyboard shortcuts
Grab color tool
Fill tool
Zoom & Auto zoom
Rotate tool

It will take some time to implement this but it will be awesome :)

*Bows down to Stefan* you are the MAN! this alpha generator is going to become my new best friend when its completed!

RE: Alpha gen 2, want to test? by FatnSassy 13 years ago

Thank you so much, Stefan, for your hard work and dedication to making this the site that it is. You are, in fact, just as Sareana said---THE MAN!!!

RE: Alpha gen 2, want to test? by Foz 13 years ago

yay! the new generator is so awesome I squeeeeed to myself while all on my little lonesome ;-) personally, there's no way in sweet hell that I could come up with ten patterns in a day, so that restriction doesn't bother me at all! but I've been wondering why so many bad/messy patterns get published -- not that I'm pro censoring, mind you. though I get that it would be difficult to decide what is too bad to be published... ah, forget I said anything ;-)

lol one mans trash is another mans treasure :P

Advertisement

You must login to reply to this thread!