$1911

was donated
RE: Alpha gen 2, want to test? by FatnSassy 13 years ago

And neither have you! The majority here won't have time to make 10 patterns in a day anyway. Most of the ones that do are the ones that do just what we've been talking about, randomly clicking the generator and saving it. Saddest thing is some of those have potential to be great patterns if a little work had been put into it...

RE: Alpha gen 2, want to test? by Cay 13 years ago

Hello! I do have to say, I just came back to the site in the past few days after being absent due to something called college I'm told is important. (Do people really need engineers? ;P) Anyway, I agree with the limit. Everyday I'd get on, and now am getting on, and I'd look for the last pattern I'd seen the day before and look at all the new ones. I don't believe I'll be doing that anymore with Alpha since OMGosh there will be so many now that it's so handy. But it does seem that the popularity of a bracelet sorts itself out sometimes. You can fav things you like, you can even like things you like ;), you can search for something specific and you can browse. I think restricting to repeating normal patterns and putting a daily cap on things is good for sorting out the patterns that don't make sense but I think that if you were to decide a pattern shouldn't be up on the site anymore it might make the site a little less special when there are just a few people deciding that. And if the public were to choose it might not work out, I mean look at American Idol >.<. Anyway, I think it's good to have a moderator up there to make sure it's not just random happenstance but it might be good to have a short explanation that the designer puts like a few words or something to just explain you had a purpose to this. Also I think the option for designers to delete their own patterns and change the description should be implemented.
Also if we could search by popularity, like favs or likes, that would be good. People who are new to the site can see what patterns are most popular.
(If the option to delete your own pattern is already available please let me know, I only just got back on the site in the past few days.)

RE: Alpha gen 2, want to test? by Lovemenot 13 years ago

One suggestion that i really liked a while back was a personal patterns page. Basically all deleted or rejected patterns would go to the creators personal collection and would not be viewable to anyone else. Aside moderators and stefan of course.
I think this would be the best idea to avoid potential hurt feelings. Would also be a good way to clear out all the dang name patterns!!!! Lol...

Haha I think that's a great idea Lovemenot. Patterns will be moved there after low activity for example no photos, no recent like or favs or comments and if the designer doesn't protest then they are shoved to the side.
Something that might go along with that would be adding friends. Now I'm sure that's a long and complicated thing to add to a website and I'm sure I'm not the first one ever in the history of this site to think of it, (unless I am, then go me!) but if it were to be implemented it would be great to get updates about friend's patterns and maybe see a friend's personal patterns or something like that. I have one pattern I put up but it makes sense to no one but me and my brother and a few more in my binder I just never put up. It would be nice to put them somewhere that I won't lose them but I don't have to clutter everyone's eyes with.

RE: Alpha gen 2, want to test? by FatnSassy 13 years ago

I think that's the best idea yet, Lovemenot.

RE: Alpha gen 2, want to test? by Carrie 13 years ago

I like that idea lovemenot!
@Cay, I like the idea of the option to sort by the number of favorites. There's a way to sort it by number of views, but that's as close as it gets to that.

RE: Alpha gen 2, want to test? by craftaddict 13 years ago

Would it be possible to add a color select tool, sort of like the eyedroper thing in paint programs. Sometimes I don't quite recall which color I used and I have to hope I guess right! If there was a way to check which color you used in a certain square then you could pick it again :)

RE: Alpha gen 2, want to test? by Carrie 13 years ago

I just noticed that the new alpha patterns being published say 0 colors.

RE: Alpha gen 2, want to test? by craftaddict 13 years ago

The new ones also don't have the "arrow pattern", which you don't really need anyway :)

Pfft, Who needs colors? Overrated IMO

Advertisement

You must login to reply to this thread!