$1911

was donated
RE: Alpha gen 2, want to test? by Nadia 13 years ago

I think this one is a major improvement and I love it (: I find it easier to use.

And I agree with Carrie. It would be a lot easier if you could drag the color over multiple squares (:

RE: Alpha gen 2, want to test? by Lovemenot 13 years ago

Remember this is still very new. There are many more features that are going to be implemented just be patient. Stefan wanted to at least get a basic generator up to curb the anxiety our artists are getting due to withdrawal. :)

RE: Alpha gen 2, want to test? by Sareana 13 years ago

i miss the regular pattern generator 2, but this will quell the withdraw shakes i was beginning to get :p i cant wait to see the finished alpha generator because this is going to make creating alphas a breeze!!! Stefan your our hero!! and Lovemeknot is his faithful sidekick LOL

RE: Alpha gen 2, want to test? by chibi_ragnarok 13 years ago

Yes! Finally! This is much easier to use than the older one. I was practically dying without the alpha generator.
Dragging it over multiple squares seems like a good idea, especially for my type of patterns. A counter would be helpful too, imagine making an 80 by 80 pattern. I'd have to count everytime, since I have short term and forget everything 5 seconds later.

RE: Alpha gen 2, want to test? by Lovemenot 13 years ago

Faithful sidekick huh? Hmmm :P

As for dragging to color in the squares, this is a feature that has been discussed, and has been put on the to-do list. BUT it is on the features to be implemented some time in the future list, rather than coming very soon list.

Color picker for example will be on the coming very soon list.

It is my understanding that normal pattern generator 1 and 2 will not be coming back, rather their individual features will eventually be implemented into normal generator 3. This is because normal generators 1 and 2 hog a LOT of the servers bandwidth and it is just too much for the site to handle anymore. It is also my understanding that Alpha generator 1 will be removed as well, of course its features will be implemented into Alpha generator 2. Again this is for the same reasons as with the normal generators.

RE: Alpha gen 2, want to test? by Sareana 13 years ago

a color picker will be awesome! very, very awesome! and okay, understood! to the regular generators. And yes! if Stefan is the friendship bracelet Super Hero, he has to have a faithful sidekick. and you fill that roll! lovemeknot :P *ducks and runs for cover*

RE: Alpha gen 2, want to test? by Carrie 13 years ago

It's hard to imagine how this could be better, other than what was mentioned. It's SUCH an improvement over alpha gen1.

RE: Alpha gen 2, want to test? by FatnSassy 13 years ago

Why am I not seeing a generator when I click the link? I'm only getting the keyword and description boxes...

RE: Alpha gen 2, want to test? by FatnSassy 13 years ago

Nevermind...found my answer in another post... :)

RE: Alpha gen 2, want to test? by Stefan (moderator) 13 years ago

I'm glad you like the new generator :D

Color picker is on the way, as my faithful sidekick says *LOL*. Also drawing multiple squares by making strokes is going to be implemented. And a fill tool.

I'll add a warning message to those who can't see the new generator. It's not obvious why it's not working if you try to run the app with JavaScript turned off.

Stefan

Advertisement

You must login to reply to this thread!