$1936

was donated
RE: The Anger/Annoyance Thread by KnottingDino 13 years ago

Exactly. Chatspeak is ok when you're in a hurry or just talking with your friends. But when you are having an actual discussion and are on a site people from all around the world use you should at least try to spell.

RE: The Anger/Annoyance Thread by Huntress 13 years ago

We should close that case right now. I can't right all the time, and chat speak is quick enough. I'm not judging anyone, I find it hard to understand some people on here. Yet, I remember that they are younger than I am. So I learn and adapt to the changing lingo around. I'm just sayin' this is an argument that should be stopped.

That should have read I can't "Spell" right.

RE: The Anger/Annoyance Thread by foshisle 13 years ago

i know how to spell right all im saying is stop. stop calling me and idiot stop calling me stupid. just STOP. plz. like i said im 13. have u ever heard of a 7th grader taking the high school SAT test?? well thats me. (google the duke TIP program.) me, Elizabeth, a 13 yr old 7th grader. im in all honors/ pre ap watev. so, im NOT stupid, im NOT an idiot so just STOP IT. ur rlly pissing me off.

That is perfectly said Foshisle.

RE: The Anger/Annoyance Thread by Hawkeye 13 years ago

@foshisle I'm sorry if it sounded like I meant it that way. I know what its like to be picked on, and I think I can understand your point of view.

RE: The Anger/Annoyance Thread by Sareana 13 years ago

i went back and re read all the posts , no one specifically called you "foshisle" stupid. however they did say that all who use chat speak come across as non intelligent. this does not mean that "you" are non intelligent, but that is how all who use chat speak instead of taking the time to spell out the words correctly, come across. i think chat speak has its place (like cell phones) but should not be used in a forum with serious discussions. please don't misconstrue a generalization that encompasses all who use chat speak as any one singling you specifically out. also this is the anger annoyance thread where we are aloud to gripe over what aggravates us (all users) we are only stating our opinions on the use of chat speak and why it aggravates us. i certainly am not trying to single you or any one out or make fun of you or any one on this forum. and i apologize to you Foshisle for pissing you off and hurting your feelings. i don't believe that was any ones intentions when they posted about their peeve on chat speak.

RE: The Anger/Annoyance Thread by Foz 13 years ago

I'm beginning to get really annoyed with this thread! I'm contemplating the idea of starting a new one "The Annoyance at the Annoyance Thread Thread"...

RE: The Anger/Annoyance Thread by Kaisui_Izumi 13 years ago

:/ I was already reading at a senior high school level back when I was in elementary school.

RE: The Anger/Annoyance Thread by FatnSassy 13 years ago

@Foz... :D

Advertisement

You must login to reply to this thread!