$1911

was donated
RE: same patterns by K8e92 14 years ago

i dont mind bracelets that are really similar (the ones where theres like an extra little diamond) those dont bother me. the ones where they are the same with different colors are just annoying. i dont want to waste paper and ink printing the same pattern twice. i like Knotty's idea too.

RE: same patterns by Acid 14 years ago

I'm the same involving paper etc but like you i don't mind the odd variation but like you say with the different colours it is annoying. But i really like Knotty's idea. Either that or maybe sort the similar ones into one place? Like a folder or something similar?

RE: same patterns by KnottyArtist09 14 years ago

@Acid: yep! the number of the pattern followed by a letter (or another number)
But I think one problem with this idea is that the patterns already have a number assigned to it. So for a variation it could be a second number. Example: # 3491 and 3502, 3502 would keep that # but noted with something like "3491-1" or 3491-a

RE: same patterns by KnottyArtist09 14 years ago

if there were someway to edit the Keywords or Description sections it would be easy to just make a notation that says hey this is a variation of Pattern # xxxx!
oops sorry about the double post...

RE: same patterns by Stefan (moderator) 14 years ago

...or maybe some kind of system för pattern association. Should be kind of easy to implement and would make the duplicates or similar patterns easy to identify.

Practically, it would be a list of patterns similar to the current pattern you are looking at. What do you think?

RE: same patterns by CoHa 14 years ago

Stefan, just one question:

Is it possible to add a tool that each user can change the colors of a pattern?

There could be a button on the pattern site "change colors" and the user can click on the threads to change the colors and see what it looks like with his own colors. But he cannot change the knots.

This tool should be only as a demo and similar patterns with only other colors could be removed.

The color changing would not be saved - that's clear :-)

RE: same patterns by Stefan (moderator) 14 years ago

Well, that is of course possible. What do you think about a Generator 2 style color editor?

(my to-do-list is getting way too long :P)

RE: same patterns by CoHa 14 years ago

That would be a great tool :-)

There are so many patterns that look great but the colors are horrible (btw. I love pink but there's no pink in the color list :-( ) and it may be very helpful to see them in the colors you want to knot it.

If it's not to hard to make it would be very helpful I think for all users :-)

RE: same patterns by moushtie 14 years ago

When showing my friends patterns I am making, they often ask if they can change the colours to see what they look like.

I even had one take a screenshot and play about with it in a paint program to pick colours.

So yes, I do think being able to look at a design and play about with colours would be useful. As would a list of similar patterns.

Advertisement

You must login to reply to this thread!