$1911

was donated
Generator 2.0 by Stefan (moderator) 15 years ago

Hello, I've decided to redo the generator to optimize it. Do you have any wishes for the new one? Any practical function that you think will be appreciated?

RE: Generator 2.0 by therapycase 15 years ago

it should be easier to understand. also its hard to generate a pattern when you do your knots with the folding over technique

RE: Generator 2.0 by wilwarin 15 years ago

i like it this way and i find patterns easy to understand and to follow :)

RE: Generator 2.0 by Sioned 15 years ago

The only thing i'd add would be more thread colours, and that's not exactly neccesairy :P

RE: Generator 2.0 by Candie 15 years ago

Stephan, My wish is for more colors, or more variations of the existing colors. Also I wish the generator could accomodate wider patterns......

RE: Generator 2.0 by ron 15 years ago

i would just say that you should make it so black doesnt always come up

RE: Generator 2.0 by ron 15 years ago

i also ould say that you should make the colors more simple, like black, and white, instead of vanilla and silver... at leat i think thats what it stands for.....

RE: Generator 2.0 by Olympe 15 years ago

Well, more colours would be great. Maybe two to three shades of each color of the rainbow plus black, white, two greys and about two browns would be wonderful. I know, I'm a colour junkie. :D

Another thing that I noticed before - the patterns shown in the small pic above the actual pattern used to be a mirror-image of the actual pattern. I don't know if you fixed that, but I'm going to find out right now. :)

The option of making longer bracelets is one I've been missing sorely. You can't imagine how frustrating it is to have a pattern of 42 rows and only finding out you can't generate it after entering the first 38 to 40 rows...

I'd also like to add another knot - or rather, non-knot. In actual bracelet-making, you can always decide to leave gaps, e.g. for splitting your bracelet up in two or more parts for a while. Why don't you add another 'knot' or non-knot symbol, maybe the letter O or the number 0?

Okay, that's my two cents worht of thoughts.

RE: Generator 2.0 by Olympe 15 years ago

On another note: Another generator for alphabet patterns would be great - especially with options like exchanging a background color thread with a pattern color thread and the likes. Maybe you can come up with a few more options? Like three color alphabet style in actual patterns?

RE: Generator 2.0 by Stefan (moderator) 15 years ago

Thanks everyone for these tips. There will be more colours when Im done, and it will be really easy to add new colours if it is needed.

The black knots will no longer be shown - an error message will appear instead.

The mini pattern on top will not be mirrored, thanks for that tip, olympe!

The non-knot will be hard to make but maybe in generator 3.0 :)

Sorry if the old generator stopped generating when working with big patterns. This is nothing I can do about. The server stops the generating process after a specific calculation time. The new generator will be a little bit better though.

Good idea with the alphabet generator, Olympe! Really great! I hope I will have time to make it this summer!

Advertisement

You must login to reply to this thread!