$1911

was donated
RE: Until the Generators are fixed, try this . . by XcUiDi 13 years ago

I have the same error... I'm logged but when i want to save the pattern, the Generator-3 showing "You are not logged in via the website, so you cannot save the pattern. Please login and click the link leading to this generator."

RE: Until the Generators are fixed, try this . . by Stefan (moderator) 13 years ago

OK, I've been experimenting some with the site settings. For those of you who wasn't able to save before, try again. Does it work now?

RE: Until the Generators are fixed, try this . . by mach 13 years ago

Works for me now – thanks!

However, when I tried to save the following pattern, the generator would complain that the pattern must repeat:

OK, I just had to double the pattern so the generator would accept it. In a relatively small pattern, this is not too bad. But I wouldn't want to double a pattern like the following just so the generator accepts it:

I understand that allowing patterns with different starting and ending colours has its pros and its cons. But I'd still humbly suggest dropping this requirement, especially since you doublecheck the patterns anyway.

But thanks for the great work on your fabulous pattern generator!

--
grüess
mach

Hi Stefan... i have a new "error": "This Generator only accepts repeating patterns. Please make sure that the botton string color order is equal to the top string color order before you save."

I've made a pattern with repetitive order... and the top can't equal with bottom order. Look here, you can see the pattern here:
How I can make this?

Sorry... Flickr can't show the picture here :D. You can check the picture here...

http://www.flickr.com/photos/xcuidi/5351519519/

RE: Until the Generators are fixed, try this . . by Carrie 13 years ago

The point of that is to make the pattern long enough so that the colors do eventually match up. So in this case, it should repeat 4 times I believe.

RE: Until the Generators are fixed, try this . . by mach 13 years ago

When I try saving the pattern in the above way, the generator will not save it because does not repeat (even though it does but with inverted colours). When I try doubling the pattern so it repeats with the same colours, then the generator will not save it because it is too big ("The pattern could not be saved. The dimensions of the pattern are too big. Read more on the Generator page on the website").

In other words, while this pattern can be sketched with the generator, there is no way at all of saving this pattern. I think this is rather annoying. OK, it is great that the generator allows sketching the pattern, but saving would be greater.

RE: Until the Generators are fixed, try this . . by Stefan (moderator) 13 years ago

The reason why the generator accepts only repeating patterns is because I thought it would be a flood of random patterns when releasing the app on the site. It is a good way of filtering away users that doesn't have a clue of what they are doing.

I've realized this is not working in reality. We have to be able to upload non-repeating patterns. I'll remove this constraint when I've got time for it.

That's the best decision. When the newbie upload a flod of random patterns, the moderator can accept it o decline it.

RE: Until the Generators are fixed, try this . . by Amberlight 13 years ago

Hmmm, I liked the error because it's that same error that has stopped me from making mistakes. Then I need to step back and understand what it was that I did wrong. So for me, that error was my fail safe.

Advertisement

You must login to reply to this thread!