$1911

was donated
Until the Generators are fixed, try this . . by Amberlight 13 years ago

When using Generator 3:
When I am finished with a new pattern, I print out the design on my printer. Because I know that the generators are down, I can at least save my work in this manner. Once the generators are functional agaon, I can simply insert the pattern into the generator again because I have already done the difficult part already, that is, getting the pattern just right. I can then begin to create the pattern at home and make a photo of it once it is complete. When the generator is functioning again, the pattern will be uploaded by a mod and I will already have a photo ready to launch with it.

When using Genertor 2:
I complete the pattern, save the work I did by printing it out on the printer, then I save the code it creates in a Word document. Once the generator is functioning again, I will copy/paste that code into the pattern generator as it commands at the bottom of the page. I can then begin to create the pattern at home and make a photo of it once it is complete. When the generator is functioning again, the pattern will be uploaded by a mod and I will already have a photo ready to launch with it.

Just because the generators are down doesn't mean that we can't create and make our patterns at home. Hope this helps and I hope the generators are back up and running soon.

Amber

RE: Until the Generators are fixed, try this . . by egyptianpanda 13 years ago

...Generator 3 works...

RE: Until the Generators are fixed, try this . . by bkwrmi 13 years ago

Egyptianpanda - it doesn't work for everybody. I can generate patterns but not save them on Generator 3.

RE: Until the Generators are fixed, try this . . by Joy 13 years ago

wow....great idea..but it seems like a lot of work for me..but still a good idea!

RE: Until the Generators are fixed, try this . . by Gracie04 13 years ago

i like that, Smart!

RE: Until the Generators are fixed, try this . . by ilysooomuch 13 years ago

another thing I have been doing is taking screenshots of the page to save onto my computer that has been working very well for me :)

RE: Until the Generators are fixed, try this . . by egyptianpanda 13 years ago

To save the patterns, open your profile in another tab. Then when you hit save, it recognizes that you are logged in.

RE: Until the Generators are fixed, try this . . by bkwrmi 13 years ago

Egyptianpanda - I have tried that six or seven times without success. Once, it recognized me, but when I tried to save the pattern, it stayed "saving" for over an hour without making progress; when I finally navigated away from the page because I had to shut the computer down, it still hadn't worked. The other times, it just didn't recognize me.

RE: Until the Generators are fixed, try this . . by Joy 13 years ago

it may work for u egyptianpanda but for sum of us it just doesn't.

RE: Until the Generators are fixed, try this . . by Amberlight 13 years ago

Agreed, it doesn't function for me. It will save the pattern but then in my "pending" it doesn't show the pattern, what I get instead is an orange box with a small red "x" in the corner. My pendings never make it to publish by the mods I am assuming for this very reason.

Advertisement

You must login to reply to this thread!