$1911

was donated
Transfer pattern from generator1 to generator2 by jerome 13 years ago

Hi,

In generator2, you copy/paste your pattern to transfer it to generator1.

In order to be able to modify a unfinished pattern, how can I transfer pattern from generator1 to generator2 ?

RE: Transfer pattern from generator1 to generator2 by Frosty 13 years ago

Jerome, this is what I do.

I don't save the pattern to generator 1 until I'm happy with how it looks. When I've had enough of fiddling with the pattern, I copy the code under the pattern into a word document and save it. To come back to the pattern I copy the code from the word pattern back into the ame code area of generator 2 that you copied it from originally and press enter.

When you're happy with the pattern you can then change it in genrator one, change the colours and save it.

As far as I can tell there is no way to convert a pattern from generator 1 into generator 2.

Hope this helps. If you have any more questions, I willing to help if I can.

RE: Transfer pattern from generator1 to generator2 by jerome 13 years ago

Thank you for the answer.

Copying back the pattern into generator2 as you describe is what i tried first, but this don't work for me (using firefox 3.6.8 with sun java 1.6.0_18 under Ubuntu Debian Gnu Linux v10.04). I paste the code, and hit "Enter", the result is just that the default code (GGGGGG;DDD,DD,DDD,DD) comes back.

It would be very nice if you could try with the following pattern and tell me if it works for you :)

SRRRRGRRRS;RDRDr,DDRD,RDRDr,DDRD,RDRDr,DDDD,RDDDr,DDDr,RDDdr,DDdD,RDdDr,DdDD,RRDDr,DDRD,RDDDr,dDrD

RE: Transfer pattern from generator1 to generator2 by Stefan (moderator) 13 years ago

Hi jerome. I designed the applet under the same system as you are using, and I'm 99% sure that I tested it for firefox. I use chrome normally.

Are you sure you are deleting ALL text in the box before hitting enter?

If it's not too much trouble, try it in chrome to see if you get any difference.

RE: Transfer pattern from generator1 to generator2 by Frosty 13 years ago

Jerome, that doesn't work for me either. I'm using IE.

I've had the same problem once before.

Here's the one that doesn't work for me:

STSTSTSgSgSGSGSOSOSRSRSRR;RRRrrrRRrRRR,RRrrrrRRrRRr,RRrRRRRRRrRR,RRrRRRrrRRRr,RRRrRRrRRRRR,RrrRrrrRrrRR,rrRRrrRRrRrR,rrrrrrrrrRrr,RRrrRRrrRRrr,RrrRrrrRrrrr,RrRrRRrrRrrR,rRRrrrrrRrRr,RRRRRrrRrRRr,rrrrRrrrRrRr,RrrRrRRRRRRR,RrRrRRrrRRRr,RrrRRRRRrRRr,rrrrRrRrRrrr,RRRRrRRrRRRR,RRrrRRRrrRRr,RRrRRRRRRrRR,RRrRRRrrRRRr,RRRrRRRrRRRR,RrrRrrrRrrRr,rrRRrrRrRRrR,rrrrrrrrrRrr,RRrrRRrrRRrr,RrrRrrrRrrrr,RrRrRRrrRrrR,rRRrrrrrRrRr,RRRRRRRRRRRr,rrRrrRrRrrrr

and here's one that works:

BRBBBRBVBVBRBRBRBRBRBRB;rrrrrrrrrrr,RRRddRRRRRR,rrrrddddDDD,RRRRdDddDDR,rrrRdrRRRDR,RRdRRRrrRRR,rrrDDrRRdrR,RRrrrrrRRRR,rrrRRrRRDDR,RRDrRRrrrdR,rrrrRrRRRdd,RRRRDdDDdRR,rrrDDDDDddr,RRDDDRRRRRR,rRrrrrrrrrr,RRRRRRRRRRR

Perhaps Stefan can work out the problem from these examples.

RE: Transfer pattern from generator1 to generator2 by Stefan (moderator) 13 years ago

Thanks, both of you. The problem might be in the input text. If the text isn't perfect, then the generator just rejects it. I guess it is quite grumpy about junk characters (newlines and spaces). I will take a look :-)

Advertisement

You must login to reply to this thread!