$1911

was donated
copy cat?? by kenz 14 years ago

I think a user named meg copied my pattern (#2321) to make 3 others just like it in different colors (#2518, #2519, #2520). Does it look like meg copied my pattern? How can I get them taken down? Is there anywhere to report things like this?

RE: copy cat?? by Stefan (moderator) 14 years ago

I'm working on reporting functions for these cases. But I can surely delete them for you as I am the webmaster :P

#2520 is not really the same, it has a border. I will keep it if it's ok with you?

#2518 and #2519 are deleted now.

RE: copy cat?? by kenz 14 years ago

Thanks for the help :)

RE: copy cat?? by meg 14 years ago

wow.. ummm are you serious? i was just trying to give people that arent that great at this yet other color options so that they choose.. i didnt think it would be a big deal over some color changes.. but if you are that scared the one i made will get more views or something... people copy mine all the time.. no big deal...

I understand you 100% meg, but it's up to kenz as he was the first to post the pattern. It's not a big deal.

In other case, I strive to keep the site free from duplicates as you can vary the colours yourself. It's not the easiest job though...

RE: copy cat?? by meg 14 years ago

thanks Stefan ;]

RE: copy cat?? by kenz 14 years ago

Maybe it isn't a big deal to you if people copy but it would be nice to ask first before taking someone else's patterns and copying them. I don't care about views or anything like that, I just don't think it's right for someone to take credit for someone else's pattern.

RE: copy cat?? by Strudle_Puff 14 years ago

agreed kenz.

RE: copy cat?? / duplications by Lacman 14 years ago

Maybe it's not the perfect topic here, but I just saw a random photo about the pattern nr. 491 which is not exactly the same with pattern nr. 2371, but it's the shorter version of that.
Stefan, can you merge them or do something? I also uploaded a photo to 2371 but there are more at the other...

Advertisement

You must login to reply to this thread!