$1911

was donated
want to add a pouch to a basic chevron... by sylma 9 years ago

Hi everyone! I'm a newbie to the forum and an amateur friendship bracelet maker but I have an idea I don't know how to create.

So I have a basic chevron bracelet with ten colors and I would like to add a pouch to underneath it to hold my house key. I've seen tutorials for pouches and cell phone cases but I'd really just like it to be a bracelet with a pocket underneath to put my items in. Any ideas?

Thanks so much to anyone who replies!

RE: want to add a pouch to a basic chevron... by kleinevos (moderator) 9 years ago

The most simple thing I can think of is a small bag.
But of course there are many ways of making what you want. :-)

Maybe you could show us a drawing of how you want it to be?

RE: want to add a pouch to a basic chevron... by sylma 9 years ago

Thanks! I don't know how to explain it, I can try to draw it... but I want it to look like a regular bracelet but maybe doubled? Like folded in half almost, and then have a slit in the underside so I can put stuff in it. Either that or I can just make a smaller piece to attach to the bottom but I wouldn't know how to attach it.

RE: want to add a pouch to a basic chevron... by kleinevos (moderator) 9 years ago

That sounds like you want to make a tube bracelet with a buttonhole in it. :-)
To make that buttonhole you need to make it as a chevron instead of candy-stripe.

O, you already said chevron......

RE: want to add a pouch to a basic chevron... by sylma 9 years ago

Ah ok thank you so much!!

RE: want to add a pouch to a basic chevron... by grace577 9 years ago

Hi!
The best way in my opinion to do this would be to make your pouch doubled, fold it in half, and stitch it with needle and thread;)

Advertisement

You must login to reply to this thread!