$1936

was donated
Washing/cleaning bracelets by love2sing 11 years ago

Hi everyone! So I have been really into knotting lately and I am planning to start selling mine on etsy/storenvy and I would like to wash my bracelets before sending them because I have a dog. So I was wondering what are the best ways to wash your bracelets? Just in warm water with detergent? Thanks for the help!!! :)

RE: Washing/cleaning bracelets by Teenparisgirl 11 years ago

I use probably the weirdest way but I think it works. I put some unsented liquid dish soap on a dry bracelet and rub it around then I take a damp paper towel or cloth and rub it around to soften it up and then(ya its a long process) hold my clouseres with my hands of put them in ziplocks and run it under lukewarm water. Lukewarm works best cuz it doesn't damage the bracelet. Last but not least let it dry for a day or two in a nice room with good natural light then spray it with some perfume. Wow sorry longer in words then it is to do. Good luck!!!!

RE: Washing/cleaning bracelets by love2sing 11 years ago

Thanks. but do you have to spray it with perfume? I mean does it smell like wet dog or something if you don't? my mom gets migranes from perfume so that probably wouldn't work....

RE: Washing/cleaning bracelets by Teenparisgirl 11 years ago

You don't have to but if you don't want to spray it with perfume use a sented soap

RE: Washing/cleaning bracelets by SleepyKitty 11 years ago

If you are using a cotton embroidery floss (most of the popular flosses are), then you can just wash it out with regular soap. I get headaches from heavy scents, and have allergies, so I usually just use my body wash or dish detergent if they are getting yucky looking. Hope this helps. :)

Cool. That's probably what I'll do. Thanks!

RE: Washing/cleaning bracelets by SleepyKitty 11 years ago

You're welcome. :) This worked well when they would get dirty at summer camp. Lay them flat to dry, and you're all set!

Sounds good!

RE: Washing/cleaning bracelets by autumnrose123 11 years ago

What I do is... I bye a cheep toothbrush and then I take the bracelet in the bathroom , put some soap on it then I scrub it till I think it's clean and last I rinse it off and let it sit out till dry

But does that make the bracelet kind of scrubbed looking? I guess not if you don't use too much pressure...:)

Advertisement

You must login to reply to this thread!