$1911

was donated
RE: String Length Formula? by Carrie 13 years ago

I plan on it :)

RE: String Length Formula? by dubblebubble 13 years ago

thanks you guys so much!!!!! this site is my world =) but it wouldnt be that way if people wouldnt help me like you do!!!!!

RE: String Length Formula? by cheerchix999 12 years ago

Could someone tell me how much string to use for pattern #42532. Thanks

RE: String Length Formula? by Rissa 12 years ago

For a 15cm bracelet made with embroidery floss I'd suggest the following lengths:
- White strings: short, 80cm the most, but 60 might also be enough; if one string gets too short compared with the rest try to switch position by using fbk or bfk instead of bk and fk
- Light purple: Long, more than 1m, maybe 130 or even longer as these are used to knot in every single row.
- Dark purple: Long, also more than 1m, but a little shorter than the light purple ones as they are not used in every single row.

It's better to have strings that are too long than using too short ones. Leftovers can come in handy with another project.

RE: String Length Formula? by Dodadoo 12 years ago

@Carrie-
That would be really helpful

RE: String Length Formula? by Skuhn 5 years ago

Pls help. I?m about to begin pattern 39342 with DMC #3 floss (thicker than regular floss) and would like to calculate the amount of floss to use. Especially for the black floss. I?d love help in inches; I do not want to run short. Thank you:)

RE: String Length Formula? by kleinevos (moderator) 5 years ago

If you take about 130 cm per string (51 inches) you should have enough. But it always also depends on how tight you knot, how long you want your bracelet to be, what closure you want, etc.
The black strings cross each other multiple times, so you don?t need to make them longer than average.

Advertisement

You must login to reply to this thread!