$1911

was donated
DMC floss vs. "knockoff" by purplepaisley 12 years ago

I just bought a pack of knockoff brand floss from Hobby Lobby. I have boatloads of DMC floss around here, but I gave in and bought this pack cuz they were on sale. It worked up SOOOO much nicer than DMC! I was shocked!!! Has anybody else had this result? If you've never tried it, I highly recommend it! Unfortunately, the packs don't have the huge range of colors that DMC does. Just wondered if anybody else has had the same pleasantly surprising results.

RE: DMC floss vs. by SleepyKitty 12 years ago

I don't have a local Hobby Lobby...what is the brand of the "knockoff"? I am wondering if they carry it in one of my local stores, or if it is strictly a Hobby Lobby brand. I'd love to find a floss as good as DMC but cheaper for my bracelets. :)

RE: DMC floss vs. by purplepaisley 12 years ago

The brand name was "artiste"....cant tell from the packaging if its strictly a hobby lobby product. they don't appear to have a website. I bought a package of 36 skeins in an assortment of primary colors/hues. Package was marked $5.99, and at the time, all the packages were 30% off. Each skein is the same length as DMC's skeins. Pretty darn good bargain, if all colors continue to work up as nicely as these have. Hope you are able to find them!!

Thank you very much for the info! I will have to check it out. Maybe a road trip is in order??? ;)

hehe....if you do, pick up a few for me LOL. A road trip is ALWAYS in order!!

Wish I knew ppl that would let me bring back floss for them! Then I would have someone to chat about bracelets with in real life. That would be awesome. :)

RE: DMC floss vs. by Rainbowsparkle 12 years ago

I bought cheaper floss that wasn't DMC and it worked just the same.

I really like this "cheap" floss. It continues to work up very nicely! i'm definitely gonna watch for those multi-packs to go on sale again.

Just a note to anyone reading this thread that doesn't have a Hobby Lobby near them (like SleepyKitty!!) and was interested in trying this thread... you can FIIIINALLY shop Hobby Lobby ONLINE!!!! (whew...that was a long time coming!). To view/purchase this floss, go to Hobby Lobby's home page. Click on the "Needlework" tab near the top of the page. Then, from the list along the left side, choose "Flosses & Threads. Scroll down and select "Thread Packs" (the photo shows spools of metallic "Artiste" thread, at this time). Hope you like working with this thread as much as I do!

Yaaaaay! I am so glad that you posted this! Thank you so much for coming back and sharing, I am definitely going to have to try some of this thread. :)

Advertisement

You must login to reply to this thread!