$1911

was donated
RE: DMC floss vs. by purplepaisley 12 years ago

hmmm....it's sounding like Hobby Lobby's prices are at the high end, rather than being such a "great deal" . Gonna hafta make a note to check out Michael's the next time I'm near one. Sadly, our Joann's closed its doors for good, last year. @k_marie, those were the packs that I first wrote about in this thread. I have come to LOVE the Iris much more than DMC. And I love the price even more. Did you find it to work up nicely?

RE: DMC floss vs. by k_marie 12 years ago

Yes. Hobby lobbys prices are inflated compared to other stores.
I love love love it :) both types work so well.

RE: DMC floss vs. by lidster 12 years ago

i recently got 2 big packs of 105 skeins for $16! i just got them at Michael's but it is my favorite kind of thread with a lot of different colors in each pack

RE: DMC floss vs. by MaddyStyles21 12 years ago

I bought the pack of 150 skeins at Walmart for $12. I think the only reason it cost that much was because it was named "Friendship bracelet thread" instead of embroidery floss. Would it be a better deal for me to go to a michael's or hobby lobby and get embroidery floss? And if so, what is the best brand of embroidery floss? :)

maddy.....150 for $12 is a really good price!! what brand was it??? i've gotta go check my walmart soon! as for shopping other places, i've turned into a hobby lobby junkie since they put one in our city... but from
the other responses I've read, it sounds like Michael's is a better place to buy thread/floss. Both stores carry Iris brand (if I'm not mistaken), but Hobby Lobby packages it together and the package says Artiste (but it's Iris floss). That's the brand I like best so far. Let us know how you like the thread from walmart!

RE: DMC floss vs. by MaddyStyles21 12 years ago

purplepaisley I'm not sure if it was 150 but it was at least 115 skeins. I think it was the same brand as the Kid craft kits ( Woodburning kits, keychain making kit, birdhouse making kit, etc) If I can remember what the name is of the brand I will let you know :)

RE: DMC floss vs. by k_marie 12 years ago

I think the walmart brand is prism. Its kind of waxy but still works.
I recently purchased 6 craft packs for $4 each at joanns after coupon and clearance prices. The skein count varried. Two had 150 skeins, four had 105 skeins each. And each pack also had little projects to make with the floss. I believe the brand of floss was Iris. If I get a chance I intend to pick up more at that price. Hopefully they will still have some left.

k_marie......you got those packs for $4 each??!!?? you got a fantastic deal! DOODY! our joann's closed a year ago! maybe i should make a road trip to another one...see if i can find some good clearance deals as well.

oh, and thanks for the advice on the walmart brands. i did find several different brands and packs, including the Prism. It looked a lot like DMC, so I passed on it for now. I'm glad I did.

RE: DMC floss vs. by leahmc 11 years ago

The knockoff brand floss that they sell near me (in the UK) is rubbish.. it just snaps and is really bad quality:-(

Advertisement

You must login to reply to this thread!