$1911

was donated
I know this is probably covered...short threads.. by w2bzz 14 years ago

I am new to bracelect making and have taught myself mostly from instructions here and videos on youtube, but even though I measure each string the same lenght, I always have threads that end up extremely shorter than the others...any tips on hoe to fix this issue or why it happens? It is usually the background color and I have wasted a lot of thread and time only to end up with have a bracelet...Please help!

Thanks

RE: I know this is probably covered...short threads.. by CoHa 14 years ago

The reason is that some threads are used more often as an overlapping thread than other threads.

(Not so easy to explain without a perfect English...)

Some threads are used only as holders. They can be cutted very short.

Other threads must be very long, because they overlap the holder-threads very often.

(Make this words sense?)

Example:

The black and yellow threads have to be longer than the red and green threads.

If I would knot the pattern I would cut the threads in this lengths:

black: 130 cm
yellow: 135 cm
red: 75 cm
green: 80 cm

RE: I know this is probably covered...short threads.. by w2bzz 14 years ago

Thanks that helps, but how do I know which threads should be cut longer? I looked at your example but still do not really understand how I know which threads need to be longer...thanks again!

RE: I know this is probably covered...short threads.. by w2bzz 14 years ago

Ok I think I figured it out the more knots being made with that color means it needs to be longer?? Thank you again.

RE: I know this is probably covered...short threads.. by CoHa 14 years ago

Yes, you're right! :-)

RE: I know this is probably covered...short threads.. by Stellaphone 14 years ago

Also, for alphabet patterns (see Stephan's tutorial), you will want to make the background thread about 150 in. (375 cm). Trust me--I learned the hard way.

Advertisement

You must login to reply to this thread!