$1911

was donated
help on color combinations?! by anthia 12 years ago

i feel like im always using the same color combinations, can you suggest some color sombos please?! thanks

RE: help on color combinations?! by Tuketi 12 years ago

I recommend http://www.colourlovers.com. It's awesome for finding pleasing colour combos quickly, though keep in mind... colours that look nice beside each other in lines won't necessarily look good in the pattern you're doing. Sometimes it's just trial and error.

RE: help on color combinations?! by anthia 12 years ago

thanks so much ! :)

RE: help on color combinations?! by Rissa 12 years ago

I also have a hard time coming up with nice color combinations, especially as I have embroidery floss in several hundred different colors, but usually not more than 16 strings of each color... I sometimes have the feeling that I take longer finding the right colors than knotting.

I love these color-scheme sites. There are more than just this one, but the idea is the same.

But as the colors don't necessarily match as nicely in a bracelet as they do in such a color scheme I tend to search my inspiration here in the picture gallery instead ;) I usually browse the newest entries every few days, sometimes I get very good ideas on color combinations, contrasting, gradually matching or harmonizing in any other way, sometimes I even get to know that some pattern I didn't like at all does really look good with the right colors. And sometimes I also learn which colors not to use together in a bracelet although they work nicely together otherwise...

RE: help on color combinations?! by Sneasel 12 years ago

I usually get one of my more fashion-oriented friends to take some of my string and make them into combos, then take pictures of it, haha.

I really like colourlovers.com, thats a nice discovery

hehe thanks so much guys ! im sitting in the hospital again going crazy, and my sis just brought my string, so im deff. gonna check them out ! thanks so much ! :)

RE: help on color combinations?! by retrocatgirl 12 years ago

Go for complete opposites some times, or turn to foo, no seriously, I turn to food, mostly natures foods, they help a lot-Take an "ordinary" passionfruit- Purple and Orange, both beautiful.... not so ordinary anymore :)
Hope that helps
I like Green an orange, or if I HAD to use purple, I would use grey with it. Or maybe why dont you use, blacks white and EVERYTHING in between.

awesome ! thanks, imma try th grey with orange and purples, see if it pops ! :)

RE: help on color combinations?! by OBeAuTiFuLO 8 years ago

Use a color wheel,by choosing the color on the opposite of it or the colors next to

it.http://graf1x.com/color-wheel-history-and-explanation/

Advertisement

You must login to reply to this thread!