$1911

was donated
Pattern 324 by horsingaround 14 years ago

This pattern does not have threads that end in the same place. How do you do bracelets like this one?

RE: Pattern 324 by Rissa 14 years ago

If you look at the pattern closely you see that there's one row with fk, one row bk, one row fk and so on. Just go on this way.
As you always do the same (one row bk, one row fk) it doesn't matter that the threads are not in the same position at the beginning and at the end. The pattern completes itself.
It seems as if the pic above the graph showing the complete pattern is broken, but the pattern itself isn't.

There are several patterns here which work the same, just one row bk and one fk. The only difference is the number of threads and colors and the way they are sorted.

Some more examples are 3262, 3181, 3057, 1808, 501 and 1460, 489, 491 and more.
With 501 the pic that shows the whole bracelet is broken as well, but again it doesn't matter.

RE: Pattern 324 by Stefan (moderator) 14 years ago

In most bracelet designs which are "broken", the threads end in the same place after a number of iterations (sorry for my mathtalk). The threads in this pattern end in the same place after 2 iterations:

The phenomena is hard to explain but I hope the help from me and Rissa gives you some clues.

RE: Pattern 324 by horsingaround 14 years ago

Thank you! now i understand. I have another question yet to bother you guys with (sorry!) I am yet to make a pattern with the generator and i just have but the little button that says "publish" (or i think it said save) is gone! (by the way, i really like generator 2.0 helps so much!) How to i make these patterns i made into real patterns? (or "publish" them?) thanks!

oh never mind! Im so silly I wasn't looking! after searching the page i found it!

I lost it again! The button just disappears! What should i do?

OK OK I'm soo sorry! I just realized you have to be logged in! ugh i will seriously stop bothering everyone now.

Advertisement

You must login to reply to this thread!