$1911

was donated
RE: Plagiarism rules! by K8e92 14 years ago

i dont really know much about my computer but it is already kinda slow... i might just print and save patterns (oh no! the poor trees!!! haha)

RE: Plagiarism rules! by CoHa 14 years ago

I print the patterns with a photo of a finished bracelet and then I laminate it and put it into a folder sorted by themes. Looks great!

PS: Take recycling paper.

RE: Plagiarism rules! by CoHa 14 years ago

Just another idea...

Make a photobook with the bracelets and instructions. I'll make one for my competition "curious knotted things".

Or if you are good in FrontPage, Dreamweaver etc. you can make a offline-homepage for the bracelets. Or as I said a database with Access etc.

RE: Plagiarism rules! by K8e92 14 years ago

like i said i'm not to good with computers so thats not a good idea. but the scrapbook sounds like a great idea

RE: Plagiarism rules! by Joy 14 years ago

just do what u all think is easiest for u...gosh...

RE: Plagiarism rules! by Sareana 13 years ago

ok i understand copyright rules but with these bracelets there are only so many ways some types of knots can be tied especially with non alpha or specialty " peruvian wave".
Maybe, some one, some where, who has never saw the pattern in a book or online, but through their own knoledge of the art and years of playing with the knots, came up with it on their own!
This isnt plagiarism, its human creativity, you both just happened to have the same idea ive been tieing for a long time since my high school times and i'm 33 now, and just rescently found this site! and i love it ,. share your creativity!

RE: Plagiarism rules! by Rissa 13 years ago

Well, it's in the terms of use, so it's best to think about it.
And yes, there are just so many ways to knot patterns, still there are how many different patterns uploaded here? 8500 and more.
Normally when two people invent the same pattern there are certain differences in it, sometimes it's mirrored, sometimes the string order is a bit different while the result looks the same as different knots are used. But in some cases I've seen a pattern entered here knot by knot, sometimes even in the same colors that have been used at another site or book. And in that case it's not creativity any more.

RE: Plagiarism rules! by iajc20 13 years ago

Rissa I read what you had said about saving your patterns and sorting them and I was wondering where you saved them. In a favorites page or someplace else. I was looking for an easier way to find patterns I have already seen and like because a lot are all on different sites because I know there are so many people who create them. Thank you :)

RE: Plagiarism rules! by Rissa 13 years ago

Iajc20, I just save the pictures on my computer (My Pictures/Patterns) and a backup of these on my USB Flash Drive. I've saved some of my most favorite patterns on a private photobucket account (password protected) so that I can access them if I'm not near my own computer.
So I've saved them at three different places just in case, but I haven't saved any new patterns since November. There are still far more than 1000 patterns that I've saved...

RE: Plagiarism rules! by yasoo 13 years ago

hiii ..what i understood here is that the patterns are copyrighted but not the bracelets, does this mean that it is ok for me to sell bracelets (of patterns created by others), without mentioning the way these patterns are done ?

Advertisement

You must login to reply to this thread!