$1911

was donated
RE: Plagiarism rules! by Nanna 14 years ago

I generally don't mind my patterns being shared via craft-related forums as long as people don't claim them as their own. But this site is for sharing your own creations, and some users still port mostly patterns copied from other sites.

I wouldn't mind some of my patterns being on this site IF I was mentioned as their creator. I've been planning to post some of my patterns on this site in the future. But I don't like them being posted here by anyone else without giving me proper credit and asking me first. That's why patterns 2387, 2433, 2376, 2375, 2374 and 2963 should be deleted as they are my original designs copied from my blog.

RE: Plagiarism rules! by Rissa 14 years ago

Yes, it would indeed be easier to have all patterns at one place.
But why not let this place be your harddrive?

Just check each friendship-bracelet site once a month, safe all patterns you like, and before you start a new bracelet you can just browse your own directory.

This is even easier than having all patterns at one site because you don't have to browse through lots you are not interested in.

RE: Plagiarism rules! by CoHa 14 years ago

Rissa, that's a great idea! :-)

Nanna, I absolutly love your butterfly-patterns! They're great!!!

RE: Plagiarism rules! by K8e92 14 years ago

Rissa,
the only problem with your idea is the i like too many patterns to save! there are so many great ones!
CoHa,
i'm not lazy and this site has pretty much all the sites i've found but not all the videos i've seen but i'm pretty sure some are repeats... so i dont want to post them...

RE: Plagiarism rules! by emm97 14 years ago

CoHa,
is there anyway to change the language on your site???
the patterns look interesting:)

emm97,
you could just Google Translate it..? thats what i do. but some words dont work but its easy to figure out..

K... What's your problem? Save them on your hdd. It's soooo easy! You can put the files into folder and sort them by topics f.e. flowers, animals, zig-zags. And that would be your PERSONAL collection with your favorite patterns and without patterns you don't like. And if you want to have a perfect collection create a database (f.e. with Microsoft Access).

For each suggestion you have an excuse...

emm97, for the visual instructions you need no written text, just have a look on the starting arrangement and then follow the sketch/plan.

To see the instructions for a bracelet just go to the main page, then "Muster" and then you have some categories. When you see a bracelet you like go to "Knüpfanleitung". To see the complete sketch/plan of a bracelet click on the picture below the text "Komplettanleitung als Grafik".

RE: Plagiarism rules! by Rissa 14 years ago

How can there be too many patterns to save?

I have 150 patterns from Stefan' site and 380 from other sites as generator pics, all sorted by number of threads and labeled with the creator's name (if I know who made the pattern) and the name or number of the bracelet.
This takes up not even 20MB.

Then I have saved another 200 patterns from the interne that I want to send through the generator one day, these take up about 30MB, because these mostly are bigger jpg-files.

A folder of pattern instructions by Heather takes up another 20 MB, and I plan to enter these into the generator, too.

And then there is a number of patterns that can't be entered into the generator because there are lots of holes, there are shaped bracelets and tube bracelets, another 15MB.

Makes alltogether 85MB of harddrive that I willingly give for my hobby, there are about 900 patterns, more than I'll most likely ever be able to knot.
And looking for the next pattern to knot is that easy since I've saved and sorted them because I now only have to decide how wide the bracelet should be (4-60 strings), I'll definitely find a patern I like.

----------

I am German, so I have no problems understanding CoHa's site.
But to be honest I don't read at all what she's written (sorry, Coha ;) ), I have a look at the big graph to see how she has sorted the threads and how the pattern is started. Once I have knotted the first part I put the instruction away anyways.
If you are used to Stefan's intructions I don' understand how CoHa's patterns are that much harder for you to understand. Ok, you can't see the threads in the background, but is there something else that makes the pics hard to understand?

I'm not exactly tech saavy so i save the pictures of the diagrams or directions and sometimes print them. but there are thousands of patterns and more being made. But, i dont think my computer can hold thousands of pictures and documents plus my personal documents and schoolwork. and i dont condone stealing patterns and plagiarism, i just thought that somewhere on the internet everyone should be able to post their patterns and others' (with proper consent or just a site as a reference). but if it isnt possible then thats fine. you really shouldnt insult people and judge people you dont know and who are only expressing their opinion.
all i was trying to do is put my opinions out there...

Yes, it can! Your computer can save thousands... MILLIONS of the patterns (files)! A wonderful invention!

Here you are:
http://www.computerhope.com/issues/ch000836.htm

Advertisement

You must login to reply to this thread!