$1911

was donated
RE: Plagiarism rules! by Atila 14 years ago

it's mess with copyright. Like i'm inthis page found nice pattern. I can master it and make without pattern. Later can show to friend how to make it, and he an show to other friends. So bracelet is going trough people and they know it but cpyrigth is gone cause people are sharing their knowledge. So it's hard to know who is a real owner of pattern. So when u make a pattern, you help others to have a nice bracelet and you also can make another from other's people patterns. So better not all, but nice patterns be here.

Like said CoHa, he don't want to see all patterns in this page ause his page gonna banish. But your page is in Deutch language or smth, so your auditory is from regions who can speak Deutch and here is English site. And there always gonna be competition between sites. So try to amke better site to get visitors. Best idea is to post all paterns, and if found owner, mention it in description but don't delete pattern.. it's hard to find normal site with patterns to make..

RE: Plagiarism rules! by CoHa 14 years ago

Atila, first of all, I'm a girl/woman, not a boy/man.

Also, I don't agree with your statement!

My page is in German language (not Dutch what you believe?), but my visitors are from all over the world, because the picture of a bracelet and it's visually intructions are understandable for all visitors, no matter what language they speak.

By the way I have about 13,000 to 15,000 visitors per month, so that could not be only german speaking people.

Is my site soooo poorly done as you think? Definitly not!

Your words: "Best idea is to post all paterns, and if found owner, mention it in description but don't delete pattern."

No, definitly not the best idea! I have already explained this (So I think you don't understand it. It's easier to talk big than to make it even better!).....

"it's hard to find normal site with patterns to make.."

.....If you are to lazy or clumsy to search... Google your friend and helper.

If you want to have a place where you can find all patterns, so make one! But my patterns will never be found in your collection.

I have no problem to post a few (not all) patterns on Stefan's site. BUT: I'll post them MYSELF. Each of my patterns that is posted by another user, will be deleted by Stefan after a message from me to him.

RE: Plagiarism rules! by Olympe 14 years ago

Unfortunately, it is not possible to put all patterns on one website. I could name a few people who have strong objections: Stefan Hedman, Helena Tesarova, Marina Ulmer, Conny (CoHa) - and that's only people who I've had contact with somewhere online. Why do they object? Because they all have a website where they want to be visited. Considering how much work they put into it, it is understandable.

Personally, I don't have any problems with seeing my patterns posted on any other site as I do not have a website of my own. Still, seeing that some people here mostly copy other people's work and claim it as their own - I couldn't imagine it before it happened to me, but I find it highly offending. For example the user Bruno - he has uploaded several patterns - all of which are taken from Conny's (CoHa's) forum, without exception. That is something that does get me thinking. Or, rather recently, someone asked why a pattern she uploaded wasn't credited to her - even though both she and Stefan knew it was from Helena's site. *shakes head*

RE: Plagiarism rules! by Tabi 14 years ago

For those wanting it in the same page.... Seriously, How hard is it to save pages to your favourites? I have several pages that I go to on a regular basis just to see anything new they may have done.

RE: Plagiarism rules! by K8e92 14 years ago

it isnt hard to go to different pages its just easier to have them all in one place. dont you agree? you wouldnt want to go to 5 different sites to get something else like this would you? i have all the sites i've been to saved as favorites, and its fine but it would be nice to have them all in the same place

K8e92, are you to lazy to have a look on different homepages? Sorry, but this can only be the reason...

It's incredible that such a project is so underestimated by the most people.

What do you think how much work (and time!) it is to create a homepage like my site is? www.freundschaftsbaender.at It takes me about 2 hours to create just one (1!) instruction site for one (1!) pattern.

But I do this gladly, because I get positive resonance and I see that the visitors of my site like my patterns.

And this resonances are only possible, if the person (creator) hat their own space in the internet to show his/her bracelets.

On a collection the most people give the honor to the owner of the site, not the creator of the patterns. Have a look on Stefan's guestbook!

Here are some examples:

Tasha wrote 2 days ago:
hey i really like your patterns but i don't really understand your explination, could you actually write the steps for the patterns?

Stefan is getting honor for all the bracelets, not the creators themself... Do you understand?

Only for the convenience of the people there will never be a collection of all the patterns, because the most "professional" creators will never agree to this "project"... not Marina Ulmer, not Helena Teserova, not [...] and not me.

Think about this, the most only knotters have no idea about the background of such a private hobby-homepage. Just think about my words...

RE: Plagiarism rules! by Olympe 14 years ago

Well, sometimes, if you try to find that one pattern that you love so much, it can get bothersome. Especially if you forgot on which site it was.

Why don't you save your favourite pattern on your hdd? ;-)

RE: Plagiarism rules! by K8e92 14 years ago

CoHa,
Did you not understand what i wrote? i said its not hard to go to these pages and i have about 10 saved i n my favorites i just think it would be easier.
i did not know it took so long to make a homepage and i'm not trying to insult you but i just thought easier was better.
if there isnt a place for all the patterns in the world there could atleast be a link to all the different home pages (and i know this site has some) but i find more and more links to pattern all the time. and a person who asks stefan to write instructions for the patterns doesnt look at the creators like i do.

Not hard, but laziness is the reason...

Oh, to make a homepage it takes a little bit longer than 2 hours...

As I said... It's easier to talk big than to make it even better.

There are always the same people complaining - that one, that only use things but never do something for others.

When you want to a have a linkpage, make it yourself!

Advertisement

You must login to reply to this thread!