$1911

was donated
Sonys flower pattern?? by Stefan (moderator) 14 years ago

Hey, there was a wish for a pattern in the guestbook concerning Sony's uploaded photo, the upper pattern in the image below:

It looks like an alpha pattern to me... Anyone knows where to get that pattern?

Stefan

RE: Sonys flower pattern?? by Tokio 14 years ago

No, but that's really cute. I'll be making that when I see instructions XD

RE: Sonys flower pattern?? by Cathelijn 14 years ago

Here it is:

http://friendshipbracelets.forumz.cc/viewtopic.php?f=7&t=1653&hilit=flowers+alphabet

You're right, it is an alphabet pattern.

RE: Sonys flower pattern?? by magic0721 14 years ago

could someone possibly generate that on here? it's so much easier! thankss

RE: Sonys flower pattern?? by mgmeboy 14 years ago

I would but I'm not sure if I'm allowed because its not my pattern.

well if you do, let me know(:

RE: Sonys flower pattern?? by Cathelijn 14 years ago

You can't put the pattern in the generator because it is an alphabet pattern. The generator can only make patterns like the 1212 pattern.

this may seem stupid, but can you explain alphabet pattern? i've been wondering what it is...

RE: Sonys flower pattern?? by wojo 14 years ago

cool pattern

RE: Sonys flower pattern?? by MandaMay21 14 years ago

@magic0721:
For an alpha pattern, you need the same amount of threads for your foreground color that there are on the graph, then one extra (usually just use the whole skein) that is a different color for the background. Each box on the graph represents a knot, and you basically go back and forth with the background color, using forward knots when you're going right and backwards knots when going to the left. When you reach a box that is supposed to be the opposit color, you would do a backwards knot if you're going right, or a forwards knot if you're going left.

lol I don't think I'm very good at explaining that. I learned how from the tutorials on Heather's forum. There are a ton of good resources on there...

friendshipbracelets.forumz.cc

If you go to tutorials, then down a bit to "1212/Alphabet differences and thread layouts" posted by Melinda, I think that would be much more help for you (plus its more entertaining). She also links to other posts that go more into detail.

Anyways...hope that helped you some! =)

Advertisement

You must login to reply to this thread!