$1911

was donated
Deleting!!! by usr11868 13 years ago

I really wish there was a way to delete a pattern or comment! Does anyone else agree?

RE: Deleting!!! by Carrie 13 years ago

Contact a moderator if you want a pattern or comment deleted.

RE: Deleting!!! by Charmed_1 13 years ago

Completely agree with ya....but most likely will never happen. Too many cons verse pro's from what I had gather in other past forums...?...I know being able to delete a photo would be nice, and also being able to upload pictures onto our profile page only with the abilitiy to delete those pictures too. Maybe one day.. :)...for now a moderator is your only best bet..

RE: Deleting!!! by Stefan (moderator) 13 years ago

Delete patterns... no. If someone started making the pattern, leaves it for a day and when he/she comes back, the pattern is gone? No thanks. Needs to be controlled by mods.

The profile pages are for personal information, not photos really. I think many users would upload personal pictures there if that would be possible. Or photos of things that should be in the gallery, attached to a pattern. Endless source of work for mods :(

Anyway, keep giving ideas. If you got ideas with more pros than cons then it's just a matter of coding :)

Understand about it being a mess stefen, however there has been times that I wanted to post a picture of a bracelet(s) that would not match a pattern due to altering it or what not, towhich on that note would be nice to be able to have these kinds of pics on our profile page....maybe allow a small amount (5 pictures) or less if need be, for our profile page and only bracelet related. This way it doesn't turn into a big mess?...Just a though...I know your stuck with your decision to why, but I can at least try....lol..

RE: Deleting!!! by mirabilis 13 years ago

Charmed - if you have a photo that doesn't/can't match any of the patterns on the website, upload it to the tutorial "How to upload photos to patterns." That's what a lot of people do. I've also seen people use just the 'multicolor alpha tutorial' or 'how to resize photos' tutorials for this.

https://www.friendship-bracelets.net/tutorial.php?id=94

:o)

oooo....nice to know. thanks

RE: Deleting!!! by 44minutes 13 years ago

I agree with deleting a pattern. I guess if there was a way to send out a notice that the pattern was going to be deleted it could work, but even then I think people would get angry. I would like to be able to delete comments, though. (:

RE: Deleting!!! by Foz 13 years ago

the topic of deleting comments has been dealt with already, and I'm not going into it again ;-) deleting patterns seems like a tricky problem, since not everyone prints out patterns or saves them to their pc while working on them... but if it's just a mistake in the pattern you could ask a mod to fix it for you. I'm not sure they'd be too happy with getting too many requests like that but I know it can be done ;-) and if you have a bracelet that doesn't fit a pattern here, put it in a picture with one that does have a pattern ;-)

oops!. just realized I had a double post, internet must of been posseced again. (lol) I think I'll stick with my intial comment. And I already do that with bracelets with patterns. I like taking a picture of a group of my bracelets sometimes; those would have been nice to show case on my profile page. I've lived without that, and I'll survive so I'm good! lol

Advertisement

You must login to reply to this thread!