$1911

was donated
New pattern browser page by Stefan (moderator) 13 years ago

I've been working some on a new pattern browser that should speed up things a whole lot. Try it:
https://www.friendship-bracelets.net/patterns2.php

What do you think? Suggestions or ideas?

Stefan

RE: New pattern browser page by mirabilis 13 years ago

It doesn't seem to be sorting by latest properly--I get (normal) patterns in the 2000s and 28000s on the same page-of-20. The other ones seem to work.

I was also wondering, is there a way to adjust the 'number of strings' sort so that the patterns with the *least* number of strings come up first? It's obviously a problem the searcher can easily overcome, but especially because there is no 'go to last page' option, it makes it more difficult for finding a cool pattern when you don't have enough floss for a wide bracelet.

Oh, also, I don't know how many people actually use the sort by difficulty option, but because the difficulty for all alpha patterns is set at zero, they all come up first. Obviously that can be easily avoided by filtering for regular patterns only, but it might be something to think about. Not a big deal at all.

But I really like being able to adjust the number of results you see at a time! And have both normal and alpha patterns at the same time!

I don't mean to be picky; you've built in ways to get around the all-alphas-first (filter for normal patterns) and # of threads (limit the range to less than x) problems, so they're not a big deal. Thanks so much for all the work you've been putting in to the site!

RE: New pattern browser page by Stefan (moderator) 13 years ago

First bug fixed - I accidently sorted the sorted the patterns by time of the day first and then the date when I should have done it the other way. Patterns posted early in the morning got on the first page - lol.

Sorting by number of strings is now in ascending order - it's a matter of taste and usefulness what order it is done but I haven't really gotten to a good conclusion what is the best.

Alpha patterns does not have a difficulty yet, actually. I guess I will implement that before releasing this pattern browser.

Thanks for the feedback :D. And no problem - I do it as a hobby and think it's really fun to get response on it. And to see that thousands of people get use of my work every day!

RE: New pattern browser page by foshisle 13 years ago

HI:) alphas aND NORMALS ARE TOGETHER BUT IT STILL HAS A BUTTON SAYING" GO TO ALPA PATTERNS" omg sorry for the caps:) accident:) anyway, like it!

That should be fixed now. Thanks :-)

That should be fixed now. Thanks :-)

RE: New pattern browser page by softballplayer6 13 years ago

Nice... It loads the patterns pretty fast!

Just a note: I viewed it on my iPod Touch, using wi-fi with one to two bars. Don't want to skew any data or anything else because I'm viewing it on Safari.

Thank you!

Advertisement

You must login to reply to this thread!