$1911

was donated
Dumb idea to enable more of us to generate patterns by bkwrmi 13 years ago

The Generator 2 works, except to save from it, it normally transfers the pattern into Generator 1 for editing... Is there a way Stefan could enable people to save patterns directly from Generator 2 without having to go into Generator 1?

RE: Dumb idea to enable more of us to generate patterns by Stefan (moderator) 13 years ago

No, sorry :(
I'm rather trying to fix a better version of Generator 3 and a new Alpha generator instead. Until then, try to use Generator 3. I agree it's a stupid idea to let you use the generators when you can't save, but I think people would be more angry if I turned them all off. I hope you understand my situation.
Stefan

RE: Dumb idea to enable more of us to generate patterns by Foz 13 years ago

you're doing a marvellous job with this site and I for one am only too willing to wait patiently till the generator problem is fixed! now I've got time to catch up on all those bracelets I've started :-)

RE: Dumb idea to enable more of us to generate patterns by bkwrmi 13 years ago

Seemed like it might be a simple step, but I know exactly nothing about programming.

Stefan, I've been trying generator 3 and haven't been able to save, even when opening my profile in another window as others have said works. Do you have any other tips to get it to work?

RE: Dumb idea to enable more of us to generate patterns by Stefan (moderator) 13 years ago

Thanks Foz :-)

bkwrmi, try to generate your pattern quickly and then save. I suspect timed-out sessions.

RE: Dumb idea to enable more of us to generate patterns by Carrie 13 years ago

Oooooh! New alpha generator?! Squee!

RE: Dumb idea to enable more of us to generate patterns by Joy 13 years ago

what if the pattern is really big?? how can we do it quickly?/ how much time does it take b4 a timed out session?????

Stefan - I tried doing the quick saving thing (just as a test, I tried saving the default gray pattern as soon as it loaded), and it didn't work. It seems to be a browser issue. Firefox still won't work for me, but Safari sometimes will with coaxing.

RE: Dumb idea to enable more of us to generate patterns by Joy 13 years ago

maybe not the default grey try doing some random colours...

If it's an issue of timing out, then the colors shouldn't matter. It might have shown a message saying that I had to change the colors or that the pattern already existed, but it gave the exact same error message as always, claiming that I was not logged in.
That said, I have no desire to waste time experimenting with it. I've found a method that will usually work for me, so I'm sticking to that until the next generation of the generator comes online.

Advertisement

You must login to reply to this thread!