$1911

was donated
RE: What do you use to hold down your bracelet when you make it? by ellie01 12 years ago

i use a clipboard i made so no good :@ i am waiting for Christmas to get a friendship bracelet maker from amazon!

RE: What do you use to hold down your bracelet when you make it? by Carrie 12 years ago

If you're really serious about friendship bracelets, I don't recommend getting a MyFBM. Once you start bigger bracelets (which someday you will, once you're inspired by an awesome pattern) or alpha patterns, you won't be able to use the MyFBM. I know Walmart sells a wonderful clear clipboard with a metric and imperial ruler on each side for $4, I have a few of them :)

RE: What do you use to hold down your bracelet when you make it? by friend_ship2009 6 years ago

i think using a clipboard is the best possible way

RE: What do you use to hold down your bracelet when you make it? by Shifa 6 years ago

I use a macrame board i got off amazon as a birthday gift. i keep a couple of small t pins, an old foam craft stamp, and cork for when i start a knotted loop. it has slats all around it at 1/2" intervals and makes measuring out what your making really easy. the reason for the stamp/ cork is because the pins poke through it though... it's only 1" thick. I'd highly recommend buying one if you need portability. The one i got was $12? (correction, it's about $14 usd) It's from the BeadSmith.

RE: What do you use to hold down your bracelet when you make it? by G_Y_Purple 6 years ago

I got a string sorter/knotting board at Michaels

RE: What do you use to hold down your bracelet when you make it? by G_Y_Purple 6 years ago

RE : What do you use to hold down your bracelet when you make it? by Charmamder4040 2 years ago

I have a plastic lap desk from the craft store. I also bought a 5mm thick foam sheet and cut 1cm tabs on one edge (I got 22 on the short edge of a piece of paper, if you want to do a 30 strand or larger you’ll want to use the long edge), this ends up looking something like the Kumihimo discs. I also numbered each slot to help me stay centered. I then tapped the edge of the foam opposite of the cuts at the top allowing it to hang off I the edge facing me, I also secured the bottom half. This gives me a perfect place to gently secure my strings as I’m working so my projects stay cleaner. Im able to put my threads, tools, fasteners, and even a small bin for trash/thread snips.

Advertisement

You must login to reply to this thread!