$1911

was donated
problem by rotem 15 years ago

some patterns that i want to do are problematic. when they end they dont start again from the begining. an example for such a pattern is #396. what am i suppose to do when i reach to the end?

RE: problem by gottoluvmylife 15 years ago

I looked at that pattern and i think if you go back up to the 8th row and sub. the colors in dark green as gray... yellow is yellow..... light green as dark green...... white as white.... and gray as light green. it should work... i hope that helps.

RE: problem by Stefan (moderator) 15 years ago

That is correct. When done with the last row in pattern chart, the resulting colour order should be used instead of the starting colour order.

Patterns like these I call "incomplete". They are mathematically correct but not so pedagogic. I will "complete" every "incompleted" pattern on this site whenever I have time for it :)

RE: problem by Olympe 15 years ago

You can also ask Stefan to give you the code for the pattern or a link with it (meaning the site where you put in knots into the generator). Then, you simply copy all the knots in the field and paste them below. This way, you get the second color variation of the pattern. :)

RE: problem by rotem 15 years ago

can you do that stefan?

Pattern is now complete. The colour state after the last row are equal to initial colour state.

That means, the pattern is OK to make now :) Here it is:

http://www.steffe.se/fb/pattern.php?id=396

RE: problem by rotem 15 years ago

RE: problem by jessediamond 15 years ago

Stefan, could you please complete the pattern for 1727? I like this pattern a lot, but I'm not completely sure how to keep going.
Thanks!

But it is already complete?

RE: problem by jessediamond 15 years ago

Sort of, but the part where it ends is just before where the next part with the white knots across the blue would be, and I'm completely positive how to keep going.

Advertisement

You must login to reply to this thread!