$1911

was donated
Idea! by Lovemenot 13 years ago

Just thought of something. Many patterns are created so the top string colors do not match the bottom strings. Even though when creating the pattern we are told to make sure that the top strings do match the bottom. I think that it would be nice, if for each pattern that doesn't match top and bottom strings, there is just kind of a warning message that says so, on the published pattern I mean, so that when a member looks at the pattern it says something along the lines of... "The top string colors do not match the bottom string colors; In order to continue the pattern once at the end, just start back from the beginning but ignore the colors!"
Well, now that I think of it, many people depend on the colors, so this may damper their spirits or ability to make the pattern..

Well, I don't know, just thought I would throw it out there. Hope everyone is enjoying their weekend! :D

RE: Idea! by Rissa 13 years ago

Well, I think it's obvious if the top color doesn't match the bottom one, everyone can see it with one look unless the colors are very similar to each other.

I think the advantage of the patterns shared on this site is that they can be understood without any text. And the text around each pattern should be as sparely used as possible. More text will only be more irritating, especially for those people who don't speak English.

RE: Idea! by Lovemenot 13 years ago

Very very true. So it is 50/50. 50% a good idea, and 50% a horrible idea.
Because it is so much not a good idea, I rest my case and will forget I ever thought of it. :D

RE: Idea! by Rissa 13 years ago

Oh, maybe someone else thinks that it's a good idea. Let's just hear what others think.

RE: Idea! by hellobuggy 13 years ago

I AGREE!!

RE: Idea! by Stefan (moderator) 13 years ago

Well, since a frequently asked question here is "How to restart at the top?", it might help people that encounter this type of patterns for the first time. Before they start tying.

I was thinking of forbidding the non-repeating patterns for a while, but I realized we would miss out on many patterns if doing so.

A side note: You can remove the non-repeating patterns from the search results on the "Patterns" page by putting a cross in the "Show only repeating patterns" checkbox.

RE: Idea! by Lovemenot 13 years ago

I am sure you can come up with something to help with this issue :)

Advertisement

You must login to reply to this thread!