$1911

was donated
QUEST #1: RANDOMEST BRACELET EVER!!! by knotty 13 years ago

okay... i was thinking this is would a huge thing for all the fber's... here's some instructions... it would be like a huge forum game...!!! (:

Anyone can participate, be it making your own random bracelet, giving instructions or both.

How To Start.

First - Choose your threads, any amount between 12 to 16 working threads (if you're an experienced fb'er and want to try more than 16, feel free). You must use 5 or more colors though, so the randomness shows. The more colors, the more random the fb will be.

Second - Prepare your bracelet. Make your starting loop, braid or knot. However you prefer, but make it so it'll turn out to be a usable fb. You can make up to 2 rows of fk's to stabilize your threads. No more.

Third - Follow the random instructions.

How To Play:

I will start, but encourage everyone to participate, at least giving instructions. You can do it as many times you like, but you can't post twice in a row. Let others give instructions before you post again.

So what are the instructions?

You will "Shout Out" a random number of knots and which knots to use.

For example: 5 fk, 6 bk, 1 bk/fk, 3 fk/bk.

You don't need to give amounts for each of the 4 types of knots. You can just say: "4bk" or say "10 fk and 1 bk/fk".

Now if you're making a bracelet, you need to fit those instructions into your bracelets, however you can. If you want to divide the knots up and change the order so that from "5fk and 3bk" you make 2fk, 1bk, 3fk, 2bk, that's up to you. As long as you make the amount of knots asked. You can use whatever threads you want - not just the leftmost.

You can't make anymore knots than the ones you've been instructed to do.

I encourage participants to use random amounts and make use of the 4 knot types, not just one.

You can post progress pictures here only if you add more instructions.

Let's have fun.

Start:

(up to 2 starting rows - optional)

5fk, 3bk/fk, 8fk/bk, 3bk

Advertisement

You must login to reply to this thread!