$1911

was donated
Keychains by satin666 13 years ago

Hello peeps. Well, Iam selling bracelets and I came across this site because I was looking for more patterns and I have several now thanks to all of you. But I was wondering how to put them on a keychain...do I loop the strong over it and work off of that or do I do something else? Thanks for your opinions.
~Nicole

RE: Keychains by fbmagic 13 years ago

yeah i am wondering too? How do you do it?

RE: Keychains by satin666 13 years ago

dunno. I THINK *this is only a guess here* that like I said, you loop the thread through the keychain peice and you can start the bracelet further down. Maybe you can clip it to a clipboard and it will help. Idk, I want to try but I dont wanna waste string...

RE: Keychains by Weenie 13 years ago

If you want to start the bracelet as a keychain, not make an existing bracelet one, then: If your strings are all halfs (LIke if there are say 8 blue strings, then you make 4 2x the normal length) then you just do a "Larks head knot" I had to google the name around a keyring, and do the same with the rest. As for not halfs, I'm not really sure of a good way of doing it, I just tied every 2 together so I can do the same I do with the halfs. Sorry if this doesn't make sense, I'll have to make a tutorial.

RE: Keychains by satin666 13 years ago

It sort of makes sense. I thank you for the info.
~Nicole

RE: Keychains by Stellaphone 13 years ago

It's also called a fox-head knot. I make my loop, fold it over the keyring, and then pull the threads through.

RE: Keychains by drng99 13 years ago

where would you get the key chains miachels? acmoore? home depot? office max? office depot?

Any craft store has them, I think they are actually called split rings (Mine are 24mm)

RE: Keychains by Stellaphone 13 years ago

Mine are split rings too, and I honestly don't know or care how many mm mine are, but oh well.

I was just saying what size I had bought, but sometimes smaller that that are even better

Advertisement

You must login to reply to this thread!