$1911

was donated
Not liking the new setup. by Kairedfern 13 years ago

When I find a pattern a like, I usually copy and paste it into a document with others, and I amass them to print. Now, when I copy a pattern off the site I get a weirdly formatted text box. I have to do all this mundane and annoying stuf to get it out, and it's really annoying.

The new gallery feature is really weird too- the pictures are like, too small and they don't get bigger. I ike the old ways.

RE: Not liking the new setup. by loweriite 13 years ago

I LOVE IT.

RE: Not liking the new setup. by MetallicWings 13 years ago

I thought I was the only one, who liked the old one...

RE: Not liking the new setup. by loweriite 13 years ago

i hav no problem downloading, and printing the patterns out.

RE: Not liking the new setup. by Stefan (moderator) 13 years ago

Copying and pasting into a document is not the best solution to print patterns. The website design should not compensate for that kind of problems anyway.

I am planning to make a printer-friendly page for each pattern though. Maybe that can help you.

Too small gallery images? Click on them and they will get bigger.

Clicking on a picture used to take you to the pattern, but not anymore, is this feature completely gone?

RE: Not liking the new setup. by Kairedfern 13 years ago

@Stefan- The thing is I wouldn't print just that page, I save ink and money by putting like 4 or 5 patterns on one page.

One thing could you pleasepleaseplease change- the website now logs me out literally every half-hour. I open a tab and leave it,then come back to post in a forum or add a fav. Is this possible?

@Metallic- Yep, it's gone. Now you have to click on the picture, then click to go to the pattern.

Anyone like the way the gallery is arranged now? :/

RE: Not liking the new setup. by Stefan (moderator) 13 years ago

@MetallicWings: Yes, that feature is gone. I think that it is more intuitive. When you look into a gallery with small photos (thumbnails), most people expect to see a larger photo when clicking on it. At least me.

@Kairedfern: I have already put the bug on my to-do list so don't worry. I just need to experiment with some cookies and then it's done. My to-do list is litteraly longer than my computer screen can view right now, so it might take a while though.

@Kairedfern: I kind of liked the previous gallery...

RE: Not liking the new setup. by creativeberrys 13 years ago

when i copy and paste the pattern that i want, it works. if you have a pc u can right click on it and then select copy image.

Advertisement

You must login to reply to this thread!