$1911

was donated
Alpha string lengths? by aliciaalicia 13 years ago

I have always wanted to make an alpha bracelet, but have stayed away because I heard that they use a ridiculous amount of string. So how much string should you use? How long should the background colors be and how long should the other strings be? Thanks.

RE: Alpha string lengths? by fbmagic 13 years ago

Well I have a website that has a video that sort of tells you how much to use. But you do have string left over. But you could always braid the ends with the extra string. :) Oh here is my site if you need to see the video.

http://funfriendshipbracelets.webs.com/apps/videos/videos/show/8696644-alpha-tutorial

RE: Alpha string lengths? by Stefan (moderator) 13 years ago

I don't think the alphas use more string than normal bracelets. It's just the background string that must be a bit longer than the other strings. In almost all cases, you will run out of this string first.

I use to wind up the extra long background string on a small stick or similar, use it when tying, and wind out some extra string when I need it. You can also use a whole yarn ball when tying the background, but that may be a bit overkill.

Yeah I just keep my background string on the bobbin on tie it with that. It isn't that hard... :)

RE: Alpha string lengths? by wojo 13 years ago

thats a good idea fbmagic i will have to try that next time i make an alpha bracelet

ha ha thanks!

Advertisement

You must login to reply to this thread!