$1911

was donated
OK CAN I GET HELP? OR WHAT by usr817 15 years ago

I understand the whole idea and things of making bracelets, but on this website I don't understand how to read the patterns, it's pretty confusing to me. So if anyone can help me understand, I will greatly much appreciate it.
Thank you

RE: OK CAN I GET HELP? OR WHAT by Cathelijn 15 years ago

OK, I'll try to explain it. If you go to a pattern, for example #1938. If you look at the bottem of the page, you see what de arrows mean.
Ans just follow the pattern, you start on the first row. If you've done that, follow the second row.

I hope you understand it better now. Byee!

RE: OK CAN I GET HELP? OR WHAT by usr817 15 years ago

Jeez thank you. :D

No one else would help lmao
Well I understand the arrows and the rows but like I don't really understand how to do the second and then the other rows. I just know how to do the first row. Like I don't understand how to read the second and other rows. baha please just cooperate with me, I know I may seem slow, but i'm not, it's just i'm new at this whole thing :D

thank you

RE: OK CAN I GET HELP? OR WHAT by IPF 15 years ago

well, all the following rows are done exactly te same as the first row. Working with such a pattern for the first time, might look complicated and confusing, so here's a little trick. ;-)
Take two sheets of paper; they don't have to be large. After you finished the first row, cover that row with one sheet of paper, and also cover the third row. That way only the second row shows and you won't be distracted by the entire pattern.
When that 2nd row is finished, just slide the papers down one row, revealing each time only the next row.

RE: OK CAN I GET HELP? OR WHAT by usr817 15 years ago

that helps me alot better. gahh thank you so much. both of you :D

RE: OK CAN I GET HELP? OR WHAT by origamilemon 15 years ago

I never understood the patterns until I watched this video on youtube:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EQhjkxHOxqE&feature=related

its a video showing someone making bracelet # 8. I would suggest watching it in one internet browser while stopping to examine bracelet #8 written instructions on this site on a second internet browser. you can compare the actual process to the instructions until it makes sense.

I'm new to the whole pattern reading thing too.

RE: OK CAN I GET HELP? OR WHAT by stargirl13 14 years ago

i am the same way i can go the first row, but do we start over with the first string each time we are doing a new row?

RE: OK CAN I GET HELP? OR WHAT by Cathelijn 14 years ago

No, if you take a look at pattern #8. The second row doesn't start with the first thread. The third row does.

Advertisement

You must login to reply to this thread!