$1911

was donated
help with the back of the bracelet by seaskulls 10 years ago

Whenever i make a bracelet, the front always looks good, but the back sometimes looks bad. I have noticed they look bad when theres fbk and bfk knotts. Any help?

RE: help with the back of the bracelet by KnotterHolic 10 years ago

I'm guessing you're talking about normals. They shouldn't be that bad though. Normally the back of normal bracelets look neat as compared to alpha's since you're doing each knot individually and do not have to substitute strings like multi colored alphas. Unless you are, which then would explain the messiness behind. But its okay. Its just the back. It's bound to be a little messy. We're all more concerned with how the front of the bracelet looks rather than the back :-P

RE: help with the back of the bracelet by Tuzyae 10 years ago

When doing normals, it looks cleaner if your knots are tight enough. Typically, when you do the second knot, if you don't pull it all the way up, a space is left on the back and it can look messy. This doesn't mean that you have to pull them super tight, just tight enough to close the gap. The more taut you hold the string you are knotting on, the less likely you are to have a gap of it showing on the back of the bracelet. It's mostly one of those skills that comes with practice. Given that it is the back of the bracelet it's a minor thing as KnotterHolic mentioned (unless it is a wave bracelet that will be worn with the "3D side" or back pointing out). And also as she said, alphas tend to be much messier, especially multi-color ones. Otherwise, try not to stress and just keep working on the consistency of your knotting.

Advertisement

You must login to reply to this thread!