$1911

was donated
Rejected pattern -- "simple name pattern" by typicalxtori 11 years ago

My pattern was rejected for being a 'simple name pattern', but it wasn't a name? I mean, it was TEXT, but it wasn't a name. Unless there are people called "Police Public Call Box", but I find that highly doubtful. Anyway, the point of making the pattern was to combine single and double line text, which I haven't seen anywhere about.

I guess I'm just looking for clarification of that rule?

RE: Rejected pattern -- by Kestrel 11 years ago

We reject all text patterns that are simply slogans, sayings, names and the like, because they take up far too much space to be kept around. The vast majority of them aren't made and those that are are often too personal to be made by any more than one person.

The "simple name pattern" part you refer to was likely just a simple mistake on the part of the moderator in question. It happens, sometimes we put the wrong thing in, sometimes we don't. The rules, however, are the same. It's just a basic text pattern, and we won't accept it.

RE: Rejected pattern -- by Foz 11 years ago

"DO NOT POST SIMPLE NAME PATTERNS! They will not be accepted." is what is written on the alpha generator page right at the very top, as a reminder, and a disclaimer. "name patterns" in this sense mean "text patterns".

RE: Rejected pattern -- by typicalxtori 11 years ago

It should probably be changed to say "do not post text patterns" then. That would weed out all of the me's in the world. Know what I mean?

(Though Doctor Who isn't really a personal thing. It has kind of a huge following.)

I am well aware of who the Doctor is, and of just how many incarnations he's had. The fact of the matter remains that it's a text pattern, and it was an accidental slip up. These things happen.

For future reference, take a look at this FAQ: https://www.friendship-bracelets.net/faq.php?id=43

That's cool! I'm always glad to meet a fellow Whovian.
I'm really not petitioning to have my pattern accepted, I swear it. It's just that calling all text patterns name patterns is confusing for people who haven't had the distinction clearly outlined. Honestly, I'm just trying to help make the site and its rules more clear. Accidents happen and that's okay.
We're COOL. I'm not angry or anything.

Out of curiosity though, will I still be able to view my pattern forever or should I screen shot it and save it?

Nah. You can still view it, if you go to your profile and click on the Pending patterns tab, it'll be there under the "rejected" option :)

And like I said, not every text pattern is referred to as a name pattern. Slip ups do happen! However, I can't speak for Foz, or any other moderator for that matter. Simply myself. :)

Okay, thanks!
=)

Advertisement

You must login to reply to this thread!