$1911

was donated
Can you shrink this big pattern into a smaller one? by LaxLvr 14 years ago

https://www.friendship-bracelets.net/pattern.php?id=2982

i really like it but thats wayyy tomaky strings, my max is 20 strings. could someone make it 20 strings or less?

RE: Can you shrink this big pattern into a smaller one? by Rissa 14 years ago

I think if this would be shrunk a lot it would not be recognizable of what it is. And you'd need to reduce this for about half of all strings, this just cannot work out. Best thing for you if you want to make this pattern would be to just try it.

Why can't you use more strings? Because you are not experienced enough? Are you afraid of making something wrong? Do you tend to lose patience with a bigger pattern?

No matter what it is, making a wide pattern isn't any different to making a smaller one, it just takes longer.

If your widest you've made by now is 20 strings wide, why don't you try one with 22 strings as next bracelet? And the next one would be 24. You'd hardly notice any difference. And sooner than you recognize you're ok with making bracelets with 36 strings. If you want to make this as a bracelet it will of course take long, but if you want to make it as a keychain it should really manageable.
Just don't tell yourself that you can't do that because you can, it's just a matter of practice.

RE: Can you shrink this big pattern into a smaller one? by LaxLvr 14 years ago

okay, i guess ill try. the more strings, the harder it is for me cause thestrings get tangled and when i start the patterrn on a keychain the rows are not strait.

Advertisement

You must login to reply to this thread!