$1911

was donated
tying the perfect knot? by Erykah15 12 years ago

I was wondering is there any tip/tricks to tying your knot's perfect?(besides lot's of practice )

RE: tying the perfect knot? by Rissa 12 years ago

I don't think so.
There are so many things people do differently and the bracelets still turn out pretty.

You can use your left or right hand, or both (eg right hand for FK, left for BK), you can pull left/right or up, you can pull really tight or have lose knots, you can use the most expensive floss or mix and match brands and material, knot in the bed, on a desk using a clipboard, on a bus with a safety pin and you can get "perfect" knots either way.

The only tip I could give you is to find a way that feels comfortable, don't knot where it's strenuous to sit and work. Oh, and find a good way to start a bracelet as a straight start helps a lot with making better knots. And then make one knot after another...

RE: tying the perfect knot? by Erykah15 12 years ago

Thanks Rissa! i"m gonna try your last tip :)

RE: tying the perfect knot? by HarleyMama23 12 years ago

Beyondbracelets has some great video tutorials with knot tying. I found that when you are doing a forward knot you hold the string straight down that is being knotted on while doing yhe forward knot you pull to the left instead of straight up. And you do the opposite for a backwards knot and pull to the right. One of Beyondbracelets many useful tips. She has a channel on youtube if you want to give that a look.

RE: tying the perfect knot? by Erykah15 12 years ago

Thanks Harley! I have seen some of her videos but i didn't know she has some knot tying, so going to go watch those.Also going to try out your tip as soon as i start my mom's bracelet :)

RE: tying the perfect knot? by Squishy5454 12 years ago

You can make a 4 and then put your first string through the hole of the four. Pull it tightly but not too tight.

Advertisement

You must login to reply to this thread!