$1911

was donated
Reward! by Cecilia 14 years ago

I'm new to reading friendship bracelet patterns.
I know all for of the knots and I know the bare basics of pattern reading. I've been trying to teach myself how to read them, but it's not working :/
I know eventually I'll get the hang of it, but I don't have the time to right now.

My boyfriend really wants this bracelet: https://www.friendship-bracelets.net/959 and I thought it would be a nice present for him...except I can't figure out there the pattern D:

Will someone please take pity on me and do a kind of step by step thing, you don't have to make a video; just list the steps please

Since I know this is a bothersome thing to do, if your steps assist me I will either edit some pictures for you or design a new myspace layout for you

Please, please, please help

RE: Rewards by Jyocka 14 years ago

Okay, so this pattern is not a particularily difficult one, especially since you said that you know how to do the four different knots. I will explain it best I know.

Keep the pattern on the screen while you read this for it to make more sense.

1. Firstly, you must arrange the threads. You will need three long green threads and two long yellow threads, which you will fold together in half and knot so that you have SIX working threads of green and FOUR of yellow. Put them in the order the pattern needs (just tug them into place) which is G - Y - G - Y - G - G - Y - G - Y - G

2. Look at the first row of knots. You only have to worry about them to begin with, and then you can move onto the rest, so don't worry about anything but the first 5 knots. The first knot is a forward-backward green knot. This mean you take the first string in your ordered strings (The green one) and make a Forward backward knot. Your green should end up being the first knot.

2. Now you're done the first knot. Leave the first two strings, and pick up the second two, which are also a Green and a Yellow. you have to do the exact SAME thing you just did, and make ANOTHER forward-backward knot. If making these knots bother you, I suggest you lok at the helpful knot diagrams at the bottom each pattern and solve them slowly, or ask me to clarify if you dont get it.

3. So. Now you have two knots, and four strings used. To make the third knot in the first row (looking from left to right) leave the first four threads and pick up thread number 5 and 6. They should both be green. Make another forward-backward knot.

4. After making that knot, you have to make the fourth knot; leave the first six threads and pick up thread 7 and 8, which should be yellow and a green, and this time, make not a FORWARD/BACKWARD knot as before but a BACKWARD/FORWARD.

5. To make the last knot in the row, pick up threads 9 and 10, which should be a yellow and green and make another backward/forward knot.

6. So you should now have one row of knots complete. The order of the strings must be the same as the starting order, because the only knots you have made so far should have brought the strings back to their original positions, not moved forward in the order of strings, if that makes sense. Bascially, your order should still be G - Y - G - Y - G - G - Y - G - Y - G

7. Now you can make the second row. Exact same concept as the first, EXCEPT this time you must leave the first string (green) and START with the second (yellow). So, make a backward/forward with strings 2 and 3, then a backward knot with 4 and 5, a backward forward with 6 and 7, a backward forward with 8 and 9.

8. If you have managed these two rows you should have got the hand of it, and should be able to do the rest of it. Rememeber, for row three you start with thread 1 again.

If anything is unclear or you need help, just ask, I didn't know how else to explain.

RE: Reward! by Cecilia 14 years ago

Wow, you did a better job than I thought anyone would do :)
This will probably help me out tons
Whenever I try it, I'll let you know how it turns out
I don't have very much thread so my bracelet making is delayed at the moment :/

So, do you want/need any of my graphic design skills? Lol

RE: Reward! by Jyocka 14 years ago

Haha not really, but it's ok I didn't want any reward lol
Good luck xx

Advertisement

You must login to reply to this thread!